Skip to content

Demogorgon protection from timestop affect code?

Does anyone know what is the affect code for the protection from timestop he has?

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Protection from Timestop (310). A wonderful opcode. I applied it once to the Robe of Vecna, justifying it as "a side-effect of being worn by Vecna for countless years".
    I am still considering whether or not to reapply it. I am definitely going to set it so that mage spell duration is increased to 150% normal.
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353

I am still considering whether or not to reapply it. I am definitely going to set it so that mage spell duration is increased to 150% normal.

@Mathsorcerer

What opcode does that?

Spell Effect: Duration Modifier (99); the first value is the modifier expressed as a percentage multiplier (150 = 150% = 1.5 time normal, 200 = twice normal, 50 = half, etc) and the second value is 0 for mage spells or 1 for priest spells. There doesn't appear to be a modifier for innate spells but they are usually set as either mage or priest, anyway, so that doesn't matter.
  • SpiffyMcBangSpiffyMcBang Member Posts: 160
    Tenrecc said:

Protection from Timestop (310). A wonderful opcode. I applied it once to the Robe of Vecna, justifying it as "a side-effect of being worn by Vecna for countless years".

Sounds about fair, that robe could really use some buffing.
    Turning a lot of your spells into near-instant cast, in a game where you spend over half of it with access to improved alacrity? That needs buffing?

I think there's an argument for putting a different but equally powerful robe in the game, but Vecna's is awfully good as-is.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639

Tenrecc said:

Turning a lot of your spells into near-instant cast, in a game where you spend over half of it with access to improved alacrity? That needs buffing?

I think there's an argument for putting a different but equally powerful robe in the game, but Vecna's is awfully good as-is.
    I think he was being sarcastic.
  • SpiffyMcBangSpiffyMcBang Member Posts: 160

Tenrecc said:

I think he was being sarcastic.
    ...oh. *hangs head*
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    any idea what is the affects code used in EEkeeper?
    I didn't see them in there so you may have to use their hex equivalent, which would be 0x136 for Protection from Time Stop and 0x63 for Duration Modifier. I generally find DLTCEP the easiest tool for editing items or spells, EEKeeper for character inventory management, and Near Infinity for everything else.
  • KurzKurz Member Posts: 12
    Amelyssan is also not affected by Time Stop, which is bloody infuriating when she decides to attack your backline casters who are unable to move, cast or otherwise defend themselves, while under the effect of a spell you cast for your benefit.
    oh i see where i was confused. i think the protection from timestop effect comes from the nameless ring in demogorgon and amelyssan's inventory that gives the effect immune3 and is not an affect in the affects tab.

just out of curiosity anyone know what the following affects in demogorgon's affects tab do?

0x0124
    0x012C

I am assuming 0x0124 is a form of protection from weapons below +4? since i do notice it on Kangaxx and Amelyssan

0x012C appears also on Amelyssan and Balthazar but not on Kangaxx, I thought initially this was the protection from time stop but now i don't know what effect it does? anyone know?

regards
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Erg said:

wow cool. thanks for the link. i did not know such a list existed. will make some fun reading for a while at least :)
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Haha, didn't know about NPCBump actually. Maybe if enabled on party members this would make navigating narrow corridors less of a hassle.