Skip to content

Dorn's quest preventing other quest SPOILER

PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
I'm running an evil party, and I have Dorn.
I am going after the Illithium to complete the quest given me by Guardian Telwyn at the Temple of Helm (well mainly to get illithium for the mace of disruption +2).
Suddenly Dorn level up and gain level 12. Immediately his quest starts, and he tell me to talk to Guardian Telwyn at the Temple of Helm, because he knows where to find someone (can't remember the name) who needs to be killed.
Luckily I recognised the name, and I had just saved before levelling Dorn, so I decided to see if I could complete both quests, or if it would be better to reload and avoid levelling Dorn until I completed the Sir Sarles quest.
I don't need to tell you that when I enter the temple of helm, Dorn starts talking to Guardian Telwyn, preventing me to complete the Sir Sarles quest, so i reloaded.

I wonder how many other quests will be blocked by Dorn's quest (I bet the fallen paladin ones, if killing everyone at the wedding didn't already prevent that quest), and if there's a way other than avoiding levelling Dorn, to complete all the quest.

Comments

• WittandWittand Member Posts: 54

Dorn does not block this quest, you can simply enter the temple a second time and everything will be ok (if you go the non violent route). Even the radiant hearth finallly removes the corpse(s) from the crashed wedding once the Helm quest starts allowing you to do the fallen paladins quest.
  • MoridinIshMoridinIsh Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    The Temple of Helm doesn't require your party to venture forth to enter. If you walk in without Dorn, his quest won't trigger and you can go about your business.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    edited November 2013
    I completed the quests "working for the temple" even the third one, but I tried to get the quest "fallen paladins", and I found no one in the radiant heart. I did the dorn first quest in the violent way, so I wasn't really expecting something different, but I also donate to a temple to gain 10 in reputation, and I didn't find no one anyway.... I would have loved to steal their cup...
  • raerae Member Posts: 35
    Wittand said:

Dorn does not block this quest, you can simply enter the temple a second time and everything will be ok (if you go the non violent route). Even the radiant hearth finallly removes the corpse(s) from the crashed wedding once the Helm quest starts allowing you to do the fallen paladins quest.
    What's the non-violent route?
  • raerae Member Posts: 35
    Ok, I see now, I needed better reaction.
  • Dzuk5Dzuk5 Member Posts: 129
    edited December 2013
    Pibaro said:

I completed the quests "working for the temple" even the third one, but I tried to get the quest "fallen paladins", and I found no one in the radiant heart. I did the dorn first quest in the violent way, so I wasn't really expecting something different, but I also donate to a temple to gain 10 in reputation, and I didn't find no one anyway.... I would have loved to steal their cup...

You can use tricks to convince the computer that restarted locations. I think this is about to take Anomen and his quest to do when it comes to radiant heart location should be reset
    in my case it work