Skip to content

Slayer? *SoA spoilers*

Is the Slayer form a possibility for building a character around?

I had never really used it until a couple weeks ago when my cavalier was trapped alone in the underdark surrounded by an elder orb, several gauths, 3 mindflayers and a drow platoon. I transformed and was able to kill the elder orb, three mind flayers and a priestess before the game told me to change back. I actually survived that fight.

I know that in the Hells trials Sarevok says he'll show you how to control it, but I have no idea if he meant it.

Comments

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    It's got situational uses like immunity to imprisonment IIRC which mean it can function as a nifty "oh sh**!" button.

However it's worth mentioning that it will drop your rep by 2 per use, so unless you plan on donating a lot to temples or running a pure evil party then it has significant downsides. It also will generally deal less damage than an optimised melee charname after a certain point, so the main advantage is the immunities.

You also cannot stay in that form for a prolonged period as the game will insta-kill you.
  • ItstucktwiceItstucktwice Member Posts: 182
    @Corvino basically covers everything.

It is really strong when you first get it, but there reaches a point where your character should be able to out-perform it anyway.

In regards to the reputation, I feel it is worth pointing out that reputation is ridiculously easy to come by in this game even before donating to temples. So reputation should never really be a limiting concern.

To summarize: It might be fun to roleplay for awhile, but it wouldn't really be that effective. The slayer's only real purpose is to cheese Kangaax.

• leeowensoasleeowensoas Member Posts: 81
    When we get Ascension and the slayer upgrades that'll change everything! When you get to be the Ravager you're pretty darn powerful!
  • When we get Ascension and the slayer upgrades that'll change everything! When you get to be the Ravager you're pretty darn powerful!

Of course, you'll turn on your own party and smack the taste out of their mouths on a regular basis, too...

• stargazerbstargazerb Member Posts: 57
    I've never actually played Ascension before for some reason. Maybe I'll give it a try then, it sounds interesting. I hardly ever make it that far because I always end up starting a new character.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Just a quest, is the Slayer immune to imprisonment spell? It should be but i don't remember atm.