Skip to content

Does anyone feel bad for killing Quallo's Carrion Crawler?

2»

Comments

• XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    I actually always feel really terrible. Poor Quallo... kinda wish I could go to the Den of Seven Vales instead and kill Pooky for the blood
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    A worthy sacrifice for Lilarcor. He's the perfect companion in any form of adventure, whether it be evil or good. I put him on Minsc and Minsc used him for most of the game.
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    edited December 2013
    Awong124 said:

elminster said:

I feel worse about the 3 gold I pickpocket from Quallo. Talk about kicking someone when they are down.

Quallo has the character model of a beggar that's only wearing a loincloth. I shudder to think from where you actually picked the 3 gold from. And since you're in a sewer, there's not really anywhere close for washing your hands afterward.
    Even a disgustingly filthy gold piece shines up nice, and spends just as well as any.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Awong124 said:

elminster said:

I feel worse about the 3 gold I pickpocket from Quallo. Talk about kicking someone when they are down.

Quallo has the character model of a beggar that's only wearing a loincloth. I shudder to think from where you actually picked the 3 gold from. And since you're in a sewer, there's not really anywhere close for washing your hands afterward.
    Boo could show you where the coins were secreted.

• nanonano Member Posts: 1,632

secreted

ew.
  • DisgruntlerDisgruntler Member Posts: 100
    edited December 2013
    Non olet. You've been looting far worse stuff. Just think of all the ghouls dropping a gem. They ain't wearing pants either.

Who constructed the Lilarcor riddle anyway? It's a bit excessive for a +3 sword with the added bonus of annoyance.
    Post edited by Disgruntler on
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited December 2013
    marceror said:

Awong124 said:

elminster said:

Even a disgustingly filthy gold piece shines up nice, and spends just as well as any.
    It's not so much the coin that bothers me. It's the possibility of touching penis or anus while trying to get it.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Minsc+Liriacor+Jan+Anomen+Edwina+Jaheira or Mazzy= You will laugh all over BG2, trust me, you will, well, if the NPCs don't get to the swordies...
    Awong124 said:

marceror said:

Awong124 said:

elminster said:

It's not so much the coin that bothers me. It's the possibility of touching penis or anus while trying to get it.
    Just get Minsc in your party, even if for a few minutes, for penis and anus related treasure looting. He's too out of his mind to know any better!
  • decado said:

To be fair there should be a swath of satisfied carrion crawlers following in the wake of CHARNAME chowing down on the hundreds of corpses left in his path. Carrion Crawlers should probably revere CHARNAME as some sort of deity of plenty.

That job is already taken by the Unseeing Eye. Wait, that's for ghouls. Never mind.

I feel bad every time I kill the carrion crawler, but I do it anyway. :(

marceror said:

Awong124 said:

marceror said:

Awong124 said:

elminster said:

Just get Minsc in your party, even if for a few minutes, for penis and anus related treasure looting. He's too out of his mind to know any better!
    I'll just get Yoshimo to do it, as punishment for eventually betraying me.
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    Quartz said:

enqenq said:

I actually never really bothered to figure out it was Quallo's friend, I just read a guide that said I needed to kill it and loot its blood. I've only ever talked to Quallo by accident :) so no I don't feel bad!

Oh God one of those players
    I got a shiny talking sword and no incentive to lose sleep over it, so ha!
    Calmar said:

Awong124 said:

Months of humiliation and abuse throughout their adventures left Yoshimo with only one choice - horribly betray the child of Bhaal.

That... and the geas. You figure, that had to factor in as well.
    marceror said:

Calmar said:

Awong124 said:

Months of humiliation and abuse throughout their adventures left Yoshimo with only one choice - horribly betray the child of Bhaal.

It's probably no coincidence that geas sounds like gay-ass. As in, "Yoshimo, go pickpocket some gold from Quallo's gay ass."
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Awong124 said:

marceror said:

Calmar said:

Awong124 said:

It's probably no coincidence that geas sounds like gay-ass. As in, "Yoshimo, go pickpocket some gold from Quallo's gay ass."
    -_-
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Remind me: There's no way to determine that Quallo is dominated until the effect is broken, right? The fact that he was absolves you after the fact, but until that happens, there's no reason not to think that you've just killed a poor man's best friend purely for your own gain. Unless you're playing stupid-good.
    Well, technically you could deduce that he is there 'For a reason' not of his own design or choosing by virtue of him being part of the puzzle. One could take that as proof that he is being, if not Dominated, then certainly controlled. Just sayin.
    It's a pretty damn convoluted way to hide a sword, when you think about it!
    You want to talk about convoluted way of hiding something? Ask Boo.
    Boo has my greatest sympathies.
  • Uh, Quallo was dominated? Now I really feel bad, because not once in over a decade have I gone back to talk to him after I got the sword.

Pack rat, I is. I's going to Hell.
    Cyteen said:

I's going to Hell.

Shouldn't this be spoiler tagged?

• recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    There is also the horrific probability that Quallo, being a poor, sewer-inhabiting hermit, relies on the carrion crawler to find food for himself. That being the case, I feel absolutely no obligation to preserve their disgusting companionship.
    Arguably, only a Druid -might- feel bad about killing the carrion crawler. It is not evil to kill a carrion crawler, and I have yet to know of any NPCs that protest the action, so I'm pretty sure everyone is cool with it.
    On the other hand, all the trial requires is the blood of a true friend, so depending on how you RP, characters such as Minsc, Jaheira or perhaps the loyal and noble Mazzy should suffice. But frankly I'd feel guiltier about poking any of those characters with a letter opener for the purposes of getting a blade than I would for the sake of a filth-mongering aberration.
    This sounds like carrion crawler discrimination, and I'm offended by it!
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223
    marceror said:

This sounds like carrion crawler discrimination, and I'm offended by it!

Exactly! Disgusting speciesism. Some of my best friends are carrion crawlers.
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only reasonable person around here.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    edited December 2013
    I have felt bad for killing the crawler in the past (mainly during my first ever playthrough, before I fully understood what was going on), but I should point out a couple of things:

**SPOILERS BELOW**

1. The crawler is not really Quallo's friend, it's Lilarcor's friend. Quallo is being mind-controlled by Lilarcor, and is just a helpless vessel through which Lilarcor communicates before you find him/it. Once Quallo is released from Lilarcor's control, he has no clue WTF has been going on.
    2. I may be wrong, but doesn't Quallo mention something about having a mutually beneficial relationship with the crawler? I thought the implication was that Quallo helps lead victims to the crawler for food, and that's why the crawler allows him to live. IMO, there's a touch of something sinister about the friendship between Quallo and the crawler.