Skip to content

Arrows of dispelling

I used them once in a while in BG1EE with my archer, I found they were very useful since I could remove the defense of high level mages very easily. I saw we could buy some in BG2EE, so I have a few questions about them. How many can you buy? How strong is the dispel? What will it dispel? Are they still worth it in BG2?

Thanks for your answers!

Wolk

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    They are most definitely worth the investment but save them until you absolutely need them, such as when facing very large, winged creatures.
  • WolkWolk Member Posts: 279

They are most definitely worth the investment but save them until you absolutely need them, such as when facing very large, winged creatures.

I can therefore guess we won't have a lot. Thank's a lot for your answer, because I plan to go get my stronghold as soon as I can with my archer, so large winged creatures may or may not go in the way. It is great to know they work against large winged creatures!
  • Xei_Win_TohXei_Win_Toh Member Posts: 43
    Only time I've ever used them is in a certain high-level mage battle in Chapter 4, when I want to do that part of the story at lower level.
    They do seem to work very effectively.
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    They're really good. Don't worry about the limited number as you only need them to do what they do then switch to another ammo type. They will dispel anything, but if an enemy has something like PfMW up then that will block the arrow (and thus the effect).

In addition to the ones you buy, I've found ~30 so far. I can't remember where they all came from but there's a few in Spellhold and maybe some from Hexxat's quests.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    I dispise these arrows, they make me feel like I'm cheating when I use them.
  • JarlealeJarleale Member Posts: 114
    edited December 2013
    Why do you buy and use them then?
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    Jarleale said:

Why do you buy and use them then?

I don't :D
    Or more precisely - I usually play with the SCS mod that removes them.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Yeah, these arrows are awesome. Like Carsomyr in ranged form.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Arrows of Dispelling dispel literally every buff and debuff on an enemy or friend, except those pesky mages that are wearing a Stoneskin ring .ITM which prevents it from being dispelled (e.g. Rayic Gethras). The only way to defend against this is by Protection from Normal Weapons or innate equivalent.

They are very expensive but they can be worth every copper. You should only shoot one at a target and then switch to something else to conserve them.
  • QbertQbert Member Posts: 195
    wait ryuken87 said prot from magic weapons stops dispelling arrows and then flashburn says prot from normal weapons stops them. which one is it?
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    @Mitchfork Yup, just tried it and you're correct on all counts.