Skip to content

Final Fantasy

2»

Comments

• Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    in my opinion FFx's story made NO sense, but if you like it perhaps you can answer some questions for me

1. if tidus is a dream and he arrives just like jecht did its safe to assume jecht is a dream aswell as they are from the same dream zanarkand so: how could someone who doesn't exist become the fayth for the final summoning and thus sin?

2. if tidus and jecht technically dont exist how can they hurt anything physical?

3. if tidus's mother existed why doesnt jecht or tidus?

4. why doesnt auron get sent after operation me'hein when yuna does the sending?

5. seeing as we know aeons are the fayth answering the prayers of a summoner this means its optional so why does seymour's mother who clearly doesn't like her son answer him?

6. why dont the guado freak out when seymour gets back up? they thoughts he was dead so its clear they were going to bury him.

6a. if they were going to bury seymour why didnt they let yuna send him? surely a sending from a traitor would be better than your leader becoming a monster and possibly killing them all?

7. why does auron go to the farplane when no one sent him?

8. seeing as anima is the fayth of seymours mother who was given to be the final aeon so it makes sense that seymour killed sin before and died yet is still around so why are there no statues of him as high summoner? also why cant braska do this and just keep sin dead for ever as he has the final aeon forever then?
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @Mrpenfold666

It's been a while since I played the game so these are guesses more than anything.

1. & 2. Well, it seems in the game world summons are physical beings.

3. IIRC they all did exist in Zanarkand before it was destroyed..?

4. Yuna isn't trying to send him.

5. Wait, how do we know it's optional?

6. & 7. Can't remember this part.

8. I don't understand your question :<
    my responses:

1. the summons are they fayth where as tidus and jecht are dreams of the fayth

2. the zanarkand they are from are a dream zanarkand so they dont exist, they arent dead souls they are dreams of dead souls

3. it doesn't say that they sending isnt targeted, plus when yuna sends jyscal she is 'targeting' jyscal yet auron reacts to that one as opposed to the other times.

4. if it wasnt optional how come at operation me'hein ifrit doesnt get summoned when yuna does the action.

5. fair enough

6. its hinted / revealed that seymour has defeated sin before using anima as the final aeon, seeing as the final aeon kills the summoner we know seymour is dead. why cant braska who is dead come back and use his final aeon to still kill yu yevon?
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050

5. seeing as we know aeons are the fayth answering the prayers of a summoner this means its optional so why does seymour's mother who clearly doesn't like her son answer him?

6a. if they were going to bury seymour why didnt they let yuna send him? surely a sending from a traitor would be better than your leader becoming a monster and possibly killing them all?

7. why does auron go to the farplane when no one sent him?

5, seymour's mother still cares about him, and I think in one of the scenes regarding her becoming Anima it was implied she did it of her own will for seymour...

6a, Nobody in the higher ups really cared about whole religion thing in the end... And I don't think they ever declared him officially dead so he was going around while most people think he's still alive so sending him would've meant they would need a new head figure...

7. The only reason they need to actually send people is because some of them want to hang around the world... But they can apparently if they decide they're ready they can goto to the farplane themselves
    ok fair enough question 5 is answered, i was wrong seymour's mother still loves him, i thought she hated him like jyscal did, my bad.

i doubt the three guado who carried him know about the "being dead isnt so bad" and still probably believe the "the unsent become fiends" living so close to the farplane in my opinion would cement that train of thought in my opinion so i dont think the guado would risk their holy leader becoming a monster which doesnt really answer my question because if they dont declare him dead then yuna really hadn't done anything wrong as people in.....djose know about jyscals sphere so...yeah civil war brewing there.

7. while this is somewhat true, it is said to only apply to people who accept death at the point of death, granted maester mika seemed to just go "screw you guys im outta here" so this is both answered and unanswered as the game contradicts itself
  • Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    edited November 2013
    In my view FFX and up were unplayable 11 excluded. If I can't play a game it's bad because I have fought through allot of crap games.
    That's silly. How is FFX unplayable?
    10 is kind of a mess in terms of story and the gameplay mechanics are different from the previous games... I can see why someone would not want to play it...
    Maybe but it's not unplayable. I've actually played it. *roll eyes*
  • old_jolly2old_jolly2 Member Posts: 453

FF1 - Loved it so much, prefer the PS1 remake most, preserved the D&D feel and fixed all the bugs.
    FF2 - Also loved it, good story, improved on a lot of things, had real characters and not just "heroes of light."
    FF3 - OK, didn't get into it much

:) Thought you may have played it way back at the time , it's still funny :D

• Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    All I am saying is that blitz ball was the best part of the game... but maybe I just couldn't get into it because the protagonist was Justin Bieber in a belly shirt.
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    In order of preference

7: Arguably the best of the lot. Has the most memorable story, characters, and individual moments, although some of that probably has to do with me being 13/14 at the time.

6: Great game overall. One of the gems of 16 bit gaming. Only criticism I have against it are the ridiculously easy bosses.

4: The first FF with a good story. Some memorable characters.

8: The game mechanics are extremely flawed, but it has nostalgic value for me.

10: Crap story and an annoying protagonist. Fun battle system though. Although I didn't like how every character becomes exactly the same once you get to extremely high levels.

5: Basically the same strengths and flaws as 10. Loved the job system but the story was absolutely uninteresting.

1: Simple game, but has an old school charm.

13: The only one on this list that I didn't beat. Plays like a single player MMO, which basically means that it has all the bad qualities of an MMO without any of the good ones. Protagonist was also a complete wallflower and was arguably the least manly out of all the rather effeminate FF leads.
  • mylegbig said:

13: The only one on this list that I didn't beat. Plays like a single player MMO, which basically means that it has all the bad qualities of an MMO without any of the good ones. Protagonist was also a complete wallflower and was arguably the least manly out of all the rather effeminate FF leads.

Wait, which protagonist are you referring to here? Because I can think of a few possibilities and most of them don't make any sense.
    mylegbig said:

This sounds more like you're talking about 12...
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    mylegbig said:

6: Great game overall. One of the gems of 16 bit gaming. Only criticism I have against it are the ridiculously easy bosses.

FF6 has a lot of merits, but game balance is not one of them. Equip someone with one of the plethora of epic gear and watch yourself cut through the game like a chainsaw through butter.

Still enjoyable, of course.
  • @Drugar True of any Final Fantasy. The only way to make the final bosses anything of a challenge is to grind as little as possible and avoid picking up any of the ultimate weapons (or equivalents). There's a reason the FAQ section for pretty much any FF game has a bunch of self-imposed challenge variants.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    mylegbig said:

In order of preference

7: Arguably the best of the lot. Has the most memorable story, characters, and individual moments, although some of that probably has to do with me being 13/14 at the time.

4: The first FF with a good story. Some memorable characters.

8: The game mechanics are extremely flawed, but it has nostalgic value for me.

10: Crap story and an annoying protagonist. Fun battle system though. Although I didn't like how every character becomes exactly the same once you get to extremely high levels.

5: Basically the same strengths and flaws as 10. Loved the job system but the story was absolutely uninteresting.

1: Simple game, but has an old school charm.

You have cheated yourself by not playing 9 or Tactics.
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    Kaltzor said:

mylegbig said:

This sounds more like you're talking about 12...
    Ha, you're right. Shows you just how little I cared for that game.

• CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I've enjoyed almost every major entry in the series. I have been playing since the original ff (the nes cart is in my basement and works good). My favorite entry is ff4. I also have 3 of the 4 gameboy games and several of the remakes on various consoles.

If they ever did make a remake to 7-9 I would be interested.
    While most people seem to dislike Final Fantasy 8, they apparently rereleased on steam the PC version of it yesterday giving it the same treatment as 7 some time ago...
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    I think FF7 and 8 were the only Final Fantasies to have a PC port. Hence why they're re-releasing them on steam. I wouldn't mind it if Square would put an effort into a PC port of FF9.

However, my most favorite Final Fantasy? FF6. Kefka is just such an awesome villain when you compare him to the other villains. He is the only one to successfully destroy the world, and then he started killing the survivors for the mere fun of it until Celes rounded up the whole gang again, and saved what was left of the world.
    in short: Square Enix sucks!! Squaresoft rules!
  • Kaltzor said:

While most people seem to dislike Final Fantasy 8, they apparently rereleased on steam the PC version of it yesterday giving it the same treatment as 7 some time ago...

And with the magic booster cheat included, I might be able to get through the game without burning out on Drawing.

ahh drawing, the thing you do when your forget cards have magic in them XD im not mocking you kaigen i do it every time i play, i get 100 of all the starting magics before doing the seeD exam then i'm like "oooooohhhhh yeah..... card refine is much quicker", i like 8 it was my first and my favorite because of it, but i still vote 6 is the best
    Yeah, pros card mod.
  • I was never much into Triple Triad, either. Mostly, somewhere in the second disc (I think) I started running into enemies drawing from me and any character I had pinned my hopes on being interesting turned out to be a dud, so I just lost interest.