Skip to content

Please describe, your most beloved/used character you ever created, across the Baldur's Gate saga!

With as much info as possible! Especially from where you got inspiration, if your BG character is an attempt to copy another phantasy realm's character, and so on!

1) Gender
2) Race
3) Class
4) Alignment
5) Abilities
6) Skills
7) Name
8) Where you drew inspiration from for making this character like this
9) How some of his traits, powers or weaknesses, match with the other character you tried to copy, if an answer to 8 is positive

About skills/weapon proficiency mostly, roughly tell how you planned them overall for your character.

Comments

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Why?
  • TheGraveDiggerTheGraveDigger Member Posts: 336
    My first was a female ranger. All I remember were her terrible stats... She had maxed out intelligence, wisdom, and charisma. I wanted her to be a "super leader"... instead she was just super crap. Hell knows how I made it through the saga.
  • doshidaniadoshidania Member Posts: 46
    1) Gender:female
    2) Race:human
    3) Class: Paladin
    4) Alignment:Lawful good (could it have been anything else?)
    5) Abilities: Do not remember
    6) Skills:paladiny ones
    7) Name: Kaderin
    8) Where you drew inspiration from for making this character like this: Oh books. I was really into valkyrie when I first played BG1-2 when I was a kid and wanted to make one. In my mind she was suppose to be vicious and calculating- but still upstanding and beautiful. Of course it's hard to capture a real unique personality in games because another writes your voice choices but it was interesting trying to make a valkyrie with a bhaalspawn. I honestly have no idea if I succeeded but it was funny (to me) telling anomen to stuff it because valkyrie don't need no man.
    9) How some of his traits, powers or weaknesses, match with the other character you tried to copy, if an answer to 8 is positive: Well calling planatars felt right on the money with her. Felt like I was calling back up valkyrie. Of course smite and bless were right to me too. No lightning abilities but its not like torm was my patron diety (would that even effect things like that?). And the whole holy warrior felt right for her. It was silly and a kid thing, but man was it fun.
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    Lan'aliin Al'dain
    Half-elf
    Bard-blade
    He's a nutral good character and really the only good character I've ever made. He's extremely charismatic and a fantastic storyteller due to his extensive career as an adventurer. Oh yeah he loves killing dragons he finds in exhilarating

Inspiration idk just like blades and for some reason can't see a bard being evil just can't.
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    edited December 2013
    Oh yeah and he loves talking to minsc and jan because he can be weird as hell and finds it funny when jan spouts out rediculouse stories often telling the gnome that he should have been a bard
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 880
    Hmmm… my favourite probably is the one I'm playing right now. ;)

This was the character with which I first completed BGEE (last January-February). I'm presently working my way through BG2EE

1) Sex: Male
    2) Race: Human
    3) Classes: Swashbuckler [until level 6] --> Mage [currently level 13]
    4) Alignment: Chaotic Good
    5) Abilities: Str 19, Dex 19, Con 16, Int 19, Wis 11, Cha 14 [these will change with Machine of Lum, etc.]
    6) Skills: Thief skills focused on traps, locks, and a bit of pick-pocketing. Mage spells of all kinds. Wields a katana, throws daggers.
    7) Name: Everetto
    8) Inspiration: the character "Cugel the Clever" from Jack Vance's Dying Earth novels.
    9) Like Cugel, Everetto is a rogue with some magic abilities. Unlike Cugel, he is a competent mage (Cugel tends to miscast spells). And unlike Cugel, Everetto is not a sociopath.

When I played the original games a few times, a decade ago, my favourite character was a Skald. I can't remember his name now, but he was the second character with which I finished the entire saga.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Race: Elf
    Class: Sorcerer
    Alignment: Lawful Good, switched to Neutral Evil at the end of SoA.
    Abilities (appx., don't remember exactly): Str. 12, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 18, Wis 9, Cha 18
    Skills: Spells, spells, slings, spells. :-)
    Name: Mariëla
    Inspiration: N/A

Mariëla was a young Elven woman who found herself suddenly confronted with the big, bad world when she and her foster father were forced to flee her childhood home of Candlekeep. I roleplayed her as a wide-eyed idealist who started out as a nearly powerless sorceress hiding behind the fighters, and ended up as one of the most powerful Archmages in recent history. But as her power rose, her idealism and moral failed - starting with small acts of meanness like asking a mage in Nashkel to repeatedly summon and kill an Ogre for her pleasure, then acts of true evil like advising Anomen to seek revenge for his sister and asking her students in the Planar Sphere to make a powerful item, knowing that it would probably kill some of them (it did - Larz was killed, and the remaining students didn't even manage to create the item). During her trials in Hell, she allowed Minsc to die in the Test of Selfishness and gave in to her wrath when facing Sarevok, willingly turning into the Slayer. During Throne of Bhaal she became a true villain, egged on by the presence of none other than Sarevok, and she ended up claiming Bhaal's throne for herself, to Sarevok's endless delight, and to the horror of her other traveling companions and of the Solar who had tried to dissuade her.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited December 2013
    1) Gender: Male
    2) Race: Half-Elf
    3) Class: Fighter/Cleric
    4) Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    5) Abilities: Str 19, Dex 19, Con 19, Int 7, Wis 21, Cha 10(20, 20, 20, 8, 22, 11) with Lum the Mad
    6) Skills: Buffing Spells, damaging spells, healing, Tanking, etc.
    7) Name: Harris
    8) Inspiration: N/A

Ability to use blunt weapons and missile weapons in BG1, with Two Weapon Style, Flail and Warhammer in BG2.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    CHARACTERS IN YELLOW WERE EXPORTED TO AND CREATED TO PLAY BG2, THE OTHERS WERE ONLY IN BG1, AND IF RED MEANS I HAVEN'T PLAYED WITH THE CHARACTER.

1) Male
    2)Tiefling
    3)Fighter/Mage
    4)Neutral Evil and then True Neutral
    5)STR 13 DEX19 CON7 INT19 WIS18 CHA13
    6)MURDER, DEATH, KILL!!! (Sword, damage spells, self buff spells, more sword).
    7)Elric
    8)Elric of Melibone, from a saga by the same name.
    I created him with NI just to have fun, he has items according to the books that I created too, he is an infernal cheese!!

1)Male
    2)Elf
    3)Mage/Thief
    4)Chaotic Good
    5)STR10 DEX21 CON10 INT21 WIS19 CHA17 (from the end of ToB, he lost 1 CON in Spellhold and the other STR point from BG2 was for Anomen).
    6)Spells, bow, Haste, magic missile, traps, self buffs, direct damage spells, offensive-non-damage spells, all the thieving abilities, more bow, long sword, dart.
    7)Crevs Daak
    8)None, since I created a character like him to play as a noob, and I wished to play BG2 with the same character, but better, so I created him in BG;EE, played BG:EE again and imported him to BG2.

1)Female
    2)human
    3)Swashbuckler level 16-> Mage level 8 (still BG1)
    4)Chaotic Good
    5)STR19 DEX19 CON15 INT19 WIS13 CHA15
    6)Long sword, bow, more long sword, and Spells, sling and staff after dual-classing.
    7)Sarilien
    8)Uhm, is this one needed after all? I don't want to mention it.

Here comes my favorite:
    1)Male
    2)Elf
    3)Fighter/Mage
    4)Chaotic Good
    5)STR19 DEX20 CON18 INT19 WIS13 CHA9
    6)Long sword, darts, spells, buffing, non-damage spell.
    7)Jimmy
    8)Only the name was based in Jimi Handrix, but then I created him to break the game because he is OP, he ended a BG1 solo with 10/11 :P

Now, the one with I started BG2 again, with SCS now!! :D

1)Male
    2)Half-Elf
    3)Swashbuckler (I have vanilla BG2 and playing evil)
    4)Lawful Evil
    5)STR19 DEX19 CON16 INT12 WIS10 CHA10
    6)Long sword, bow, frontline, set traps, find/remove traps.
    7)Derian
    8)He is technically, if talking about my own Crevs Daak character, his son, but I wanted to give this game a try with him.

1)Female
    2)Elf
    3)Stalker (ranger kit)
    4)Chaotic Good
    5)STR19 DEX20 CON18 INT12 WIS12 CHA17
    6)Dualing-swords, shortbow to become OP in BG2, Backstab, Stealth. AND killing Drizzt while being good :P
    7)Diaryssia
    8)Based upon some Old Republic Star Wars characters, total mixture.
  • DeathKnightDeathKnight Member Posts: 93

Why?

Because i am curious, i am into the roleplaying stuff, and because this is a nice chance to spread likes, agrees and insightfulls.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Ravayu Atar (Very loosely, "The Wind of Creation, The Unburning Fire") aka: Half-Elf (by Imoen), Rav (pronounced similarly to "Wrath") (by most people who find three syllable names awkward in the heat of combat).
    Male 2) Elf - the "Half-Elf" nickname comes from one ear that's been carved into a human shape.
    3) Mage/Swashbuckler (backstabbing isn't his style).
    4) Chaotic Neutral
    5) By the end of SoA: Str: 16, Dex: 19. Con: 6, Int: 19, Wis: 19, Cha: 16
    6) Rav's got poor health, so like his BG1 days, he has to carry a walking stick. Nowadays, however, his walking stick is the Staff of the Magi, and his frequent illnesses are kept in check by hanging around with a high level Divine caster all day.

Despite being absurdly fragile, he's a master thief, an archmage and more than a bit immature (which is inevitable, given his age), Ravayu's taken down demons in single combat, and has his own "slayer" style, dual wielding Belm and (now) the Scarlet Ninjato, along with Tenser's Transformation and Improved Haste, he tears his way through pretty much anything and everything in front of him, especially with the growing cluster of magic items he's accumulated.

8) Original Character do not steal. (patent pending)tm(c)

One of his crowning accomplishments was getting drunk (well, drunk"est", since he's drunk off two brews) in the Ust Natha tavern, getting involved in the monster fighting pit, murdering everything, staggering over to the drow fighting pit, beating everyone there, screaming that he was the greatest archmage ever before weaving his way upstairs, still drunk, before getting Hansoned by a Drow maiden and waking up the next morning, confused, mildly horrified and deflowered.

He's an absolute blast to play, especially writing the journals of his adventures from his own perspective, which is so different from my own.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Mine are really a duo:
    Carthius - Undead Hunter - swords, maces and really big shields.
    &
    Daeglin - Elf Archer - longbow - racial enemy: vampire.

Back when Carthius was a Cavalier, they travelled with Lara (Daeglin's half-elf sister & Carthius' girl)... She got turned and now they walk the earth hunting vamps... Bhodi was barking up entirely the wrong tree.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Race: Elf
    Class: Sorcerer
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Abilities (at the start of BG:EE): STR 8, DEX 18, CON 14, INT 17, WIS 15, CHA 18.
    Skills: Darts, Quarterstaves
    Name: Serendis Khemest
    Inspiration: Serendis is part of a whole "family epic" metanarrative I'm using during my playthroughs of the "Neverwinter Nights", "Baldur's Gate" and "Icewind Dale" games. As such, he's similar in character to his mother Alianna, my PC for "Shadows of Undrentide" and "Hordes of the Underdark": efficient, manipulative, extremely charismatic, and willing to play mock-hero if it gets him what he wants.