Skip to content

Rasaad/Dorn romance and Bodhi - spoilers wanted and given

enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
When I hit the graveyard in chapter six I fully expected to have to do the dungeons without my love interest (Neera). As for what happened:
She defended herself against the attack and wild surged off the scene, Bodhi muttered something about wild mages (hilarious :D) and the ambush was over. Neera reappeared right after.

This has me wondering what happens with the others? Don't tell me about Hexxat, I'll find that one out myself, but I don't intend to romance the men. I know Dorn WANTS to be a vampire, so is there a twist here? And while I can't think of a particular reason that Rasaad shouldn't have to endure what the original romances did, I'm still curious.

Comments

• AraminaAramina Member Posts: 64
    I've played up to that point with Dorn as the love interest, and with his:
    If you keep him as a Blackguard at the end of his questline (or haven't finished it yet), his patron doesn't let Bodhi have her way with him. Also some very funny back and forth between them.

Bodhi: What say you, Dorn? I can give you more than this human ever could.
    Dorn: Ah. Yes. not my finest hour. A decent eight minutes, though, if i do say so myself.

Apparently there's supposed to be a different version if he's a Fallen Blackguard, but my game is bugged and doesn't recognize it if I have him go that route, so it just gives me the Blackguard response.

Haven't gotten that far with Rasaad yet, so I'm not sure how his goes.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Aramina Kind of even more hilariously, Dorn's line there is actually not what *should* be there. I honestly can't remember where that line is from, but his correct line (and also his has-no-patron dialog if appropriate) will play after a forthcoming patch. :)
  • AraminaAramina Member Posts: 64
    @LiamEsler Oh man, I'm just finding all the Dorn romance bugs today xD But you should so keep it in that spot, I about fell out of my chair when he said that.
  • shinkeikakushinkeikaku Member Posts: 4
    I just reached this confrontation with Rasaad as the love interest and had a similar outcome as the OP. It was a bit disappointing/anti-climatic and I was curious if I had done something wrong, if it just wasn't written in as a possibility, or if it was a bug.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I got here with a fallen Dorn and
    The dialogue just implied he was basically too powerful/awesome for Bodhi to take. She tried a bit, but then gave up and ran away. There was no mention of a patron anywhere, though.

I'm kind of curious, since this happens with all the new LIs.
    Why did the devs decide to have Bodhi not take the new LIs. Was it part of the 'not changing original content' clause, or were there other considerations? @LiamEsler
  • WittandWittand Member Posts: 54
    edited November 2013
    @LiamEster The line is from the Dorn romance, post Phaere when he gets jealous.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Wittand Yeah, I eventually found it :D Cheers!

@Eudaemonium It wasn't my decision.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Yeah, but I thought you might have some kind of insight into the decision. :)
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174

I just reached this confrontation with Rasaad as the love interest and had a similar outcome as the OP. It was a bit disappointing/anti-climatic and I was curious if I had done something wrong, if it just wasn't written in as a possibility, or if it was a bug.

I had this outcome, and I actually thought it made sense. [SPOILER] While I was about to enter the graveyard for the encounter, I thought it would be very strange for a vampire to be able to capture a super fast monk who also had the innate ability to create sunrays. Apparently the developers thought so too.[/SPOILER]

• enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    I'm pretty freakin' sure you could come up with RP reasons that vampires shouldn't be able to capture CLERICS too, cough cough. You know, Turn Undead and all that...

Maybe Bodhi should only capture Jaheira!
  • WolfheartWolfheart Member Posts: 170
    edited December 2013
    *Edit due to Wittand having a very invisible message saying the same thing*
    So, will Hexxat comment about Bohdi trying to kidnap her?
  • SpiffyMcBangSpiffyMcBang Member Posts: 160
    Kidnap question that references Hexxat:

How far into the romance do you have to be for the kidnap attempt to take place? I could have sworn my PC and Hexxat were locked in by the time that would have happened, but maybe not, and I never got anything where Bodhi took a run at her. If Dorn, Rasaad, and Neera all had some kind of interaction with her, presumably Hexxat should too.
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129

Bodhi mentions wanting to kidnap her at the scene and turn her into a vampire, but doesn't do so because it would be redundant. So you get to keep Hexxat. No epic rescue for her
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    edited December 2013
    I must say, I'm not a fan of this decision (whoever's it was.) It creates a disconnect from the old companions; if they all had to go through it, then the new ones should too. The fact they don't just shines a spotlight on them that shows that they don't quite fit in and are a bit separate from the others. Er, excluding Hexxat, for obvious reasons.