Skip to content

Newly copied spells not showing up.

RogolRogol Member Posts: 19
edited December 2013 in Not An Issue
Aerie's newly learned spells are not appearing in her spellbook. The game considers them already known, so I can't just copy them again--but they can't be memorized. At this point, I'm not giving her any new spells to learn for fear that they'll be lost.
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    Which spells are affected? How many other spells are in the spellbook (at the level of the affected spells)? Do you have a saved game from before you tried to learn the spells that you can upload?
  • SmilgeSmilge Member Posts: 104
    Someone else had this problem with one particular scroll, but he said it did show up at first and disappeared. I don't think anyone was able to reproduce it.

Just some quick questions to make sure this isn't something benign: Did the spells appear in the spellbook and then disappear? If so, did you check their description? Are you sure you are checking the mage spellbook and not the priest one (Aerie is multi-class, so has two spellbooks)?
  • RogolRogol Member Posts: 19
    Thanks for the response, folks. The first was Melf's Minute Meteors, and the second was Improved Invisibility. II reappeared after closing and reopening her spellbook, but MMM has yet to show up.

[Re: Smilge] MMM never appeared in the spellbook, and yes--I checked the mage tome.

I recall a thread with a similar problem. The spells were high level, which appeared in their abilities tab, not their spellbook.

Just a thought, brave warrior!

No such luck, I'm afraid. :(

I'll toss up a save file when I get home.
    Here goes. Hopefully, someone will notice something I've missed.
  • SmilgeSmilge Member Posts: 104
    edited December 2013
    Hmm, it appears from the save that she doesn't have Melf's copied to her spellbook at all. The reason she can't copy it from a new scroll is that her 16 intelligence prevents her from putting more level 3 spells in her spellbook. I was able to use a potion of genius and create a new melf's scroll ("SCRLA5") and she copied it to her spellbook with no issues.

Could you try that and let us know if you get the same results?
    Thanks for the help. I seem to remember getting a "maximum spells reached" message the last time I played a wizard.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Ok, so this isn't a bug. In the vanilla game, there was a bug that allowed the npcs to learn any number of spells at high level.