Skip to content

(Non-EE Version): Problem in Firkraag's Dungeon - Cannot complete quest

OldTimerBGFanOldTimerBGFan Member Posts: 7
Firstly, an apology; I'm actually playing the original, 4 disk collector's boxset version of Baldur's Gate II, not the Enhanced Edition put out on Steam, but I don't know where else to turn.

The problem is twofold, but both relate to Firkraag's Dungeon in the Windspear Hills.

Firstly, whenever I slay the dragon, I do not receive the experience points for doing so, even though I am able to loot his body for all his goods.

Secondly, whether I slay Firkraag first or not, I cannot complete the quest; I pick up the key and open the door that the Windspear girl is being kept in, but she just keeps exhorting me to grab the key, free her and flee this awful place.

Can anyone help me sort this out? I don't know what is going on.

I do have some mods installed, but they should not be affecting the Windspear region as far as I know:
Mazzy Friendship
De'Arnise Romance
Flirt Pack
Expanded Banter Pack
Nalia as Mage/Thief instead of Thief/Mage
Unfinished Business
Ascension
Back to Brynnlaw
Edwin Romance
Adalon's Blood - Speaking thereof, I was never able to find the Human Flesh after defeating Riejik at the bridge
Viconia Friendship
La'Viconia (Cleric/Assassin multiclass version)
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    The first thing you should do is uninstall all the mods and then load a save from before you confront Firkraag. Go through the encounter with Firkraag and then the one with Conster, and then see if the results are the same. With so many mods, it is entirely possible that a conflict is causing either one or both of the problems you are having.
  • OldTimerBGFanOldTimerBGFan Member Posts: 7
    I did as you suggested, Emptiness, and I successfully acquire the 64000 EXP from Firkraag's death (Viconia also listed Firkraag as her most powerful victim). Initially, Iltha continues to repeatedly babble about fetching the key from the mage, Conster, even after I opened the door, but I think the problem may have been that I spoke to her through the bars first and then opened it; opening the cell straight after coming up from Firkraag's chamber caused the quest to register as complete. I am reinstalling my most-wanted mods and going back to the Windspear Cabin to see if the quest will complete.

Thank you for helping me, even if I am playing the 'obsolete' model.
  • EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    If the quest is broken, then you may be able to use debug mode and the console to repair the damage so that you can continue on. A web search for "baldur's gate 2 garren's child bug" suggests that:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("GarKidReleased","GLOBAL",1)

will fix it so that you can talk to him/her in the prison cell and proceed normally. I haven't tested this myself, though.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Moving this to General Discussion since this is not a bug with BG2:EE
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    I actually ran into the same issue with the guy/girl you get to free repeating the dialogue as if the cell wasn't already unlocked in the EE version just yesterday. I had to reload an earlier save to fix it.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I've had this problem in regular BG2 as well but I'm glad its been fixed in BG2EE. The way I solved it for BG2 was that I had to navigate the whole party inside the cell for the girl to "register" that she had been freed. She'll talk to you when she figured it out.