Skip to content

Keldorn - Not affected by haste? - Solved

EvvEvv Member Posts: 17
A bug? Casting haste spell on him and he doesn't seem get it? Even wearing boots of speed and he walks with normal speed? Giving the boots to other characters and they will gain the speed boost?

A bug or?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2013
    Edit: Ignore this.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    His armor have free action as a default buff, put a boots of travel on him to overcome the free action, but know that the boots do not improve attacks per round, only speed.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Sorry I'd forgotten that his armour has that *pulls out paper and writes that down for NPC guide*.

Yea that would do it. If you want him to be hasted he can't be wearing that armour.
  • EvvEvv Member Posts: 17
    Ahaa I see! Seems like I ned a new armor for him then so he can gain the haste buff and from potions. Thanks!
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited November 2013
    He can be buffed, except by haste and improved haste, only these two.

Haste and improved haste spells give extra attacks per round. If you're willing to open hand from the extra attacks from a temporary buff, you can just equip an boots of speed on him @Evv, so he will be hasted and under the effects of free action (what means he can't be slowed, entangled greased, bound in web spell...)

Ps: Monks with some specific stats (i believe it's based on charisma and constitution) can also wear Keldorn's armor, unless the devs have taken out this cheese, it's probally still there. It's an exception, as Kensai's being able to use Vaylgar's armor too (with an set number of specific stats).
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I believe the armor no longer works on monks.
  • AlkaluropsAlkalurops Member Posts: 269
    The enhanced edition has introduced opcode 319, which limits use of an item to a specific NPC. In case of Keldorn's armor, it truly is only usable by Keldorn.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Apparently including Thieves with Use Any Item. Which is a pity because I've been carrying Valygar's armour around for the whole game and I can't even equip it =P
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Surely UAI should allow to equip anything no matter the restriction? Why did they nerf that?
    Well, Valygar's armour isn't highlighted red (so it appears usable), but when I go to equip it a line of text comes up saying I cannot equip that item. Its possible that it's an oversight/bug, I guess.
  • BandooleroBandoolero Member Posts: 6
    Damn, when I have Paws of the Cheetah boots on Keldorn and his armor, than the boots don't work. Not even when I equip the boots later than the armor. :(
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    How would adding a specific opcode that restricts use to an npc be an oversight? They added it specifically to not let you use it yourself.
    The oversight/bug would be that the opcode supersedes Use Any Item, which makes normally restricted items (e.g. Carsomyr) equipable by Thieves and Bards. However, it was confirmed to be as intended.