Skip to content

Strange Dorn Strength Change

I'm in the Underdark and Dorn's strength has inexplicably changed to 17 and I can't figure out what's causing it. It's in red, so it's being altered by something, but it's not his equipment nor is it a temporary ailment since it seems to persist. Any ideas on what's causing it? Or is this a bug? The only thing I can think of is that, since Neera's in my party, maybe there was an odd wild surge I missed.

Also, oddly, if I have him take a potion of Frost Giant strength, it'll go back up to 19 (back in white) but it'll revert back to 17 when the potion wears off.

Comments

• AlsnAlsn Member Posts: 97
    Frost giant strength is supposed to give 21 strength. Are you sure you are not wearing any items with -2 strength? That seems consistent with both the regular value being 17(19 base) and 19 while under the effects of frost giant strength(21 normally). I'm pretty sure there are weapons and armor around that gives you a penalty to strength so I'd check that first. Other than that, try remove curse, lesser restoration and the 'Heal' spell.
  • LathraelLathrael Member Posts: 69
    edited December 2013
    Seems like he had a -2 modifier to strenght from somewhere. Is his strenght score has red(modified) numbers instead white?. Save your game, and rest for 2 days. Cast greater restoration on dorn. If none of those work, you can use shadow keeper to revert the change.
  • superliminaldudesuperliminaldude Member Posts: 27
    Huh. Heal seemed to do the trick, thanks. I still have no idea what caused it, but so it goes.