Skip to content

Bodhi NPC for BG2:EE

BaxyrattyBaxyratty Member Posts: 190
Hey i was just wondering if there were ever any plans to make a joinableBodhi NPC for BG2:EE. unless it was a joke i believe @Quitch was working on something that would make her a joinable party member for longer than just the final battle in ToB with Acencion installed. but are there any plans for something like this? I know there's the valen mod but Bodhi's personality is just far more interesting to me. let me know thanks!

Comments

• BaxyrattyBaxyratty Member Posts: 190
    so are there any plans to make this a reality?
    @Cuv do you know if this wassomething that @Quitch was planning to make?
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Baxyratty Unfortunately this sort of project would be extremely difficult, as it would require significantly rewriting and reworking large portions of the game.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    No, that was only in Ascension for Bodhi. What @Quitch was working on was the Imoen Friendship/Relationship (not so much romance). I have no idea how much of that was done. He has an account here... maybe he will stop by and comment.
    @Cuv @Kaeloree ah well thanks for the info but if someone decides to make this mod a reality let me know :)
    just thinking, would it be possible to include her as a new npc for ToB as a DLC similar to Seravok was ToB only?
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    edited December 2013
    @Baxyratty: Yes, but as @LiamEsler already mentioned, it would take an inordinate amount of work. The problem isn't the idea itself, it's implementing it in a concise, streamlined fashion. If you really want Bodhi so much, and don't fancy the idea of learning modding to build the mod from scratch by yourself, then there's another option which may satisfy you...

Make a multiplayer game, create a new (female) character, and name her Bodhi. Use Shadow Keeper to edit her stats and resistances so that they match her original .cre file, and change her appearance to 'Bodhi' so she'll look exactly like the villainess herself. Download Bodhi's soundset (it's bound to be somewhere on the net, I've seen it floating around a bunch of times), and give it to your newly-created femme fatale. Export her. Transfer your current ToB game into multiplayer. Import your new 'Bodhi'. Save game. Transfer game back to singleplayer. Play!

She won't have any new dialogue, but she'll look, sound, move, and, stat-wise, be identical to Bodhi.

Hope that helped :)