Skip to content

Any workaround to evil leaving at high rep?

SolyarisSolyaris Member Posts: 24
In the interest of both RPing and wanting to be with Viconia, I think its really dumb that the straw that breaks the camels back is rescuing an enslaved girl in the Slums. Sorry Viconia, we are so foolish and misguided, its not like we get rewards and discounts for helping people out. Even then, she feels like a weak Neutral Evil, more of a True or Chaotic Neutral as she just wants stability and peace without others interfering in her life. I feel like this has already been debated on here in favor of the AD&D/BG alignment+rep system as being a little ridiculous in context of some NPC reactions.

anyway, was just wondering if there is a workaround available. can't get EEkeeper to work on BG2. I guess my only option is to get caught stealing to appeal to Viconia's apparent moral spectrum.

Comments

• nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    The tweak pack lets you change it so NPCs don't leave. You can even make it so they don't complain.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    For Vanilla? From what i remember, romance the evil NPC, this will ensure him/her to not leave the party at rep 19 and 20. Romance must be in level 2 (checkable by ClUAConsole). I'm not 100% sure of this anyway.

Will only work for romanceable NPCs (Dorn, Viconia and Hexxat), also you can only keep one evil NPC per game with this, cos reach level 2 in romance with any NPC will break all the other level 1 romances.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    If you're past Spellhold, doing a Slayer shift will give you a nice, small, incremental reputation loss. Dorn's quests also have scattered rep losses all over the place, which in my experience made being smart-evil much more comfortable.
  • RealReal Member Posts: 68
    BGtweak seems the way to go for modding.

If you want to keep away from that, keep in mind that you really have to be making a lot of 'good' decisions and never making any bad ones to to get a rep of 19 or 20. There is no way Viconia would leave just from you saving an enslaved child unless if you already saved a couple of cities before then, splurged money on the temples etc (keeping in mind that you already lose two rep just from her joining). She may be whine at 18 rep, but she won't actually leave until 19 or 20.

The bottomline is that the reputation system is an accumulation of all the moral decisions you made. It is the only measure which NPCs use to determine whether you've been a good guy or a bad guy. It can certainly be rationalized that all NPCs regardless of alignment should appreciate a high reputation due to discounts, but that's ignoring the things your party has been doing to get there.

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    The real bottom line is that reputation is a broken system in need of a serious Overhaul.
  • MaylanderMaylander Member Posts: 74
    Use EEKeeper to change their reputation to Neutral. Works in both BG1 and 2.
  • rizar123rizar123 Member Posts: 30
    hmmm, isn't just normal, if you want a evil team, just do something "evil" dans they will stay... Someday, npc must die for the greater cause =P (I hate doing it but, I pretended that Hexxat needed some blood to stay alive hehe)