Skip to content

FMT level caps?

I was trying to google the level cap for my fmt and had no luck. I found one site (sorcerer's place) that said cap was 11/12/14 but that can not be right because I'm already 12/12/14. Plus, I don't think I'm very far in the game. I'm still in chapter 2. Please help.

I'm waiting to assign my ability point until I know how many ability points I am going to get...

Followup question: How many ability points am I going to get? I was reading a wiki about taking several levels in a certain ability which leads me to believe I'm going to be leveling up a lot more.

Comments

• rathe101rathe101 Member Posts: 61
    The total XP in ToB, without an XP remover is 8 million. 8 million XP divided by 3 is 2,666,667 XP per class. According to the XP tables for BG2, that means the highest level you can attain, without an XP remover is level 18 fighter, level 17 mage, and level 22 thief. This is all according to http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/xp_tables.php
  • It should be 18/17/22. I'm not sure what you mean by "ability point." If you're referring to high level abilities, you should get one on every level up, which means you should be looking at close to twenty more HLAs.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    The cap is 8 Million experience. 8M/3 = approximately 2.66Million for each class. Thus your level cap will be something like 18/17/22 (F/M/T, respectively).
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    So many ninjas!
  • benecorbenecor Member Posts: 11
    Wow. no response then several at once. Thank you all.

I just leveled up to 12/12/14 and it was the first time I was asked to choose an "ability". I chose avoid death because I just spent a couple hours single pulling mind flayers. So, do you mean I will get one every level from here on or should I have been assigning them previously?
  • You'll get one every level from here on; it won't let you leave the level up screen without picking one if you've got one.
  • benecorbenecor Member Posts: 11
    thank you sir and thanks for the ninjas.