Skip to content

When to start Watcher's Keep?

What is a good level to start on Watcher's Keep? I'm currently level 13, about to face Bodhi for the last time.

Do you get to leave the keep if you start it? I don't want to get stuck in there, or, at least, want to be fully prepared before attempting it.

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I am guessing that you are using a MC character, otherwise lv13 is kinda low to be facing Bhodi.

You can enter and leave Watcher's Keep at will. You don't need to do it all in one go except perhaps for roleplay reasons.
  • mysticspheremysticsphere Member Posts: 38

I am guessing that you are using a MC character, otherwise lv13 is kinda low to be facing Bhodi.

You can enter and leave Watcher's Keep at will. You don't need to do it all in one go except perhaps for roleplay reasons.

yeah, im using dwarven defender and it's pretty strong. I'm playing on normal difficulty atm, just trying to get xp i figured i was a little too low to face bodhi. Thanks for the tip
  • RealReal Member Posts: 68
    I would think that Bodhi is easier to deal with than Watchers' Keep beyond level 1.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited December 2013
    hello again kasumi. i recommend doing watchers keep in the tob portion. can't have the best thief in the galaxy grow too powerful, that would not be fun (or apparantly dwarf defender :))

basically it causes imbalance. watchers keep is TOB content, and SOA gets no harder as compensation so you are more powerful than expected. I think I remember the final BG1 battle getting harder with TOTSC?
  • mysticspheremysticsphere Member Posts: 38

hello again kasumi. i recommend doing watchers keep in the tob portion. can't have the best thief in the galaxy grow too powerful, that would not be fun (or apparantly dwarf defender :))

basically it causes imbalance. watchers keep is TOB content, and SOA gets no harder as compensation so you are more powerful than expected. I think I remember the final BG1 battle getting harder with TOTSC?

sage wisdom from the child of bhaal! The treasures of Watcher's Keep shall remain safe from my thieving hands . . . for now muahaha.

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781

sage wisdom from the child of bhaal! The treasures of Watcher's Keep shall remain safe from my thieving hands . . . for now muahaha.

but of course! kasumi goto takes what she please! but she cannot just grow too powerful too soon. your enemies wouldn't stand a chance!
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    On the other hand, there are some really cool magical items on the first level, which is really easy to clear.

You might want to just poke around the top floor, and go back for the rest later.
  • MaylanderMaylander Member Posts: 74
    Depends on your approach really. I like to do it all at once not too far into TOB, but if you're power gaming and want to hoard as much power as possible, doing the first level + visiting the vendor outside the Keep can net you some really powerful stuff. I wouldn't go much beyond the first level though, as the second level doesn't hold too much treasure and the third one is significantly more challenging than Bodhi etc.
  • MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    At least grab the Potion Case from the vendor outside, along with the Ammo Belt in the first level if you don't want to tackle the whole thing in one go. The Potion Case is extremely powerful because it lets you hoard stuff that you wouldn't normally be able to keep and makes your tactics very flexible without killing your inventory space.