Skip to content

Stuck on Harper quests (spoilers) - resolved

kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
I want to do the Harpers quests before parking Jaheira for good. I tried *not* to start a romance with Jaheira because I had read that it makes the quest chain longer. Unfortunately, the romance seems to have triggered anyway. After delivering the bird to Xzar, Jaheira did not get summoned by the Harpers.

Apparently then I had a romance going. So I tried advancing it by buying the locket (at the docks). I tried finishing the curse quest. I've been doing lots of other things as well (including the Planar Sphere + mage stronghold and now the De'Arnise quests), but I'm not getting any new conversations, and Jaheira just doesn't get summoned.

This is more than a bit frustrating, as I really want to finish these quests and make room for another party member.

Any clues? Did I break the quest or something?
Post edited by kaffekoppen on

Comments

• GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    the only way not tie Jaheira's Romance to the harper quests is to basically shut her down hard early on in the romance branch, whether by temp. kicking her from the party or telling her to stow it as early as the first lovetalk. Seeing as the harper quests are Jaheira's unique companion quests, it obviously ties to her romance as well. Being romantically involved with Jaheira *WILL* make it easier to get the item reward at the end of the quest though.
  • Lapetus2000Lapetus2000 Member Posts: 10
    Like GamingFreak said, kick her from your party. She will blah blah about things not being the same between the two of you. Once kicked, you can immediately pick her back up and not have to worry about romance, it is over.
  • kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    Right. But the problem is that I'm now past the point where she can get summoned normally and have to wait for a specific love talk that is just not triggering. If I kicked her out now, I'm not sure the quest can ever proceed.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Try resting with her in the party. Then resting with her out of the party. See if this works.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Just do the dirty with her and keep her in your party :P
    It seems that the romance got messed up somehow and would not proceed no matter what (and I rested many times, also outside). However, I took your advice and kicked her from the group. She went back to the Harper Hold. Went there and picked her up, and *immediately* Meronia showed up. So... yeah, awesome :)

The romance is never going forward though. No worries though, because I replaced her with Viccy who seems very interested in this lowly male.

• Big_MurrayBig_Murray Member Posts: 69

I want to do the Harpers quests before parking Jaheira for good. I tried *not* to start a romance with Jaheira because I had read that it makes the quest chain longer. Unfortunately, the romance seems to have triggered anyway.

DAMMIT!! Why can women not resist us?
    I'm sure it's my cool wild mage color scheme.