Skip to content

Is there a way to RESCALE Watcher's Keep?

I arrived to the first level of Watcher's Keep before Underdark and although I didn't fight a thing I can't help but notice that after I returned there, everything is scaled to my old level.

I'm now at elemental level and I read that there should be some nice golems in the Air Library but I got some lame Kuo-Ta. Did my premature arrival to the first level (I didn't go beyond first door) set the scaling for the whole Keep? If yes, then is there a way to change that?

Comments

• AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    The scale should be dynamic.
    Spawns should depend on your current level. Everything else is static.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    I believe the scaling is set the first time you enter a given map/zone. I'm not aware of any easy way to rescale it, but if you're up for some slightly more complex maneuvering you could use Near Infinity to open and decompress your savefile, then find the area files that you want to rescale (check here for a list) and delete them from the save. Then compress it again and load up as usual.

This will completely reset those areas and should therefore give you a second chance to enter and set the scale - but will of course also lead to overall more exp and possibly duplicated items, so it's not optimal.
  • RealReal Member Posts: 68
    Aranthys said:

I think this is it. Even if the spawns were for some odd reason scaled to your old level, the main monsters you'll be fighting is static anyway. Speaking of which, what is your average party level?
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    Real said:

Aranthys said:

I think this is it. Even if the spawns were for some odd reason scaled to your old level, the main monsters you'll be fighting is static anyway. Speaking of which, what is your average party level?
    Equivalent of around 30th of Blade. Neera has 9th level spells + dragon's breath + improved alacrity + summon planetar. The reason is that I have party of only 4.

Generally speaking, the Maze level was a breeze. Didn't remember it being THAT easy.

• RealReal Member Posts: 68
    That level... is pretty high! Would be harder if your level was lower.