Skip to content

Question about Neera BGEE Romance (and all romances I guess)

So I read someplace that if you kick a romance out of your party it ends it. I had only got the first convo with her where she tells me how she was kicked out of her home. But then I kicked her out of the party. If I go back and get her will I be locked out of the Romance? And is this the same in BG2? Like I have to ALWAYS have them in my party at all times?

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I'm not sure of the specific conversations, but yes, once u've had a 'love-talk', and u kick them out of the party, the romance is dead.

You can use EEkeeper to check the romance status. 1 is ongoing/flirting. 2 is 'in a relationship/romance active'. 3 is romance ended.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    For the original romances, if you kick them out of the party your romance will end.

For the new romances, you can kick them out and re-recruit them to your heart's content without worrying about any change to your relationship status.
  • EyeStalkEyeStalk Member Posts: 4
    Since I play a female character, I guess all romances with Neera/Jaheira are pretty much off, then. :/
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    @LiamEsler

Oh, that's good.

For the old romances, does petrification still end the romance? I always found that kinda annoying, not to mention unrealistic. Aerie should know the difference between when she gets petrified and Charname revives her asap, and when he tells her to go back to the circus cos she's no longer wanted.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Heindrich1988 We haven't changed how the old romances work, so petrification will still end them, yeah.
  • JasonPogoJasonPogo Member Posts: 24
    Ok So I used the CLUAConsole to check on Neera's Romance in BGEE and it says NEERAROMANCEACTIVE dose not exist. I am guessing this is since there were no Romances in BG before the new characters? But anyway since you say I can kick out the new ones I guess I am safe...
  • Time4TiddyTime4Tiddy Member Posts: 262
    The conversation you reference is not a "lovetalk." The conversation about setting everyone on fire and running away is a non-romance interaction.
  • MercadorMercador Member Posts: 4
    The Global Variables used to terminate upon booting and character death. I think it's pretty cool that they don't do that now for the new characters.
  • lelag200lelag200 Member Posts: 125
    Can Jaheira and Neera be wooed at the same time? Or is there some awkwardness for a polygamist character?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    You will eventually have to choose between them.
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Why on earth would you make it so that petrification still ends romances? One of the most absurd bugs in the game....

I have no words.

Fix this bug allready! !!!!!!!!!!!
  • miklosselkirkmiklosselkirk Member Posts: 12
    Seems like it's been way too long since the last lovetalk with Neera in my game. I haven't said anything to piss her off or otherwise end the romance. Is this a bug, does anyone know? Thanks.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    EyeStalk said:

Since I play a female character, I guess all romances with Neera/Jaheira are pretty much off, then. :/

By looking at your profile picture, I thought "As a female beholder, you must be a Hive Mamma! Oh, I mean, I hive mother!"