Skip to content

High level evil clerics are able to turn Dorn as a paladin even if he is the party.

ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
"Turned Paladin"

Comments

• WakukeeWakukee Member Posts: 106
    I really think this is more of a quirk of the D&D rules than a bug in the game, as paladins/blackguards are turnable by clerics of the opposite allignment (good/evil). It seems totally reasonable. Also, you should follow the bug reporting format.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Does that also mean high-level evil clerics can command Blackguards? That could make for some interesting dialogue between Viconia and Dorn.
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    Wakukee said:

I really think this is more of a quirk of the D&D rules than a bug in the game, as paladins/blackguards are turnable by clerics of the opposite allignment (good/evil). It seems totally reasonable. Also, you should follow the bug reporting format.

Yes, but Dorn is evil and the cleric is evil too... as the blackguard is implemented as a paladin subclass. It isn't a really big problem though, I did it with a level 40 cleric which I use now to find all the bugs in quest entries as soon as possible.
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    I had this problem with Viconia and Keldorn in SOA, but I don't see how Dorn should be turned by an evil cleric as he is evil himself.
  • WakukeeWakukee Member Posts: 106
    Hmm. It must be since he is a subclass of paladin. They must have set turn undead to turn paladins without think about blackguards. Still, I kind of like it. But I guess it is a bug. Try reporting via the proper format. I.E.

Current Behavior: Evil Clerics are able to turn Blackguards like Paladins.

Expected Behavior: Only good Clerics should be able to turn Blackguards.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Evil clerics should be able to control him, yeah :)
  • RoananRoanan Member Posts: 18
    Agreed with @Wakukee and @Avenger_teambg. My beef, though, @ankheg, is that it affects him even as a *fallen* blackguard, which definitely should not happen. If you lose your (anti)paladinhood, you shouldn't have to be treated like one.