Skip to content

Baldurdash David Gaider enhancements for BG2EE?

My impression is they've fixed all the bugs in the original BG2 for BG2EE, but I was looking at this page on Baldurdash:

http://www.baldurdash.org/ToB/TOBtweaksandcheats.html

I'm not into user mods, but the semi-official "enhancements" from Bioware senior game designer David Gaider REALLY caught my eye -- I MUST play the "Director's Cut" version! I am curious if his enhancements were put into BG2EE, and if not, have his BG2 mods been "ported" to be mods for BG2EE?

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Yeah, they're all packaged into Ascension, a more well-known mod that generally refines ToB. Afaik @Cuv is working on making it compatible for the EE.
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    @Shin

Any word from @Cuv when it might be done? I'm getting mighty close to ToB at this point! :P
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Yeah, it would be nice to get an update on Ascension. I kind of have a file sitting at the end of SoA waiting for it. I tried to play ToB anyway but it was just so… bad. (Bear in mind that I've never played Ascension, so it might still be bad, just less bad.)
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Still working on it, but need @CamDawg to help with his weidu ninjery!
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345

Yeah, it would be nice to get an update on Ascension. I kind of have a file sitting at the end of SoA waiting for it. I tried to play ToB anyway but it was just so… bad. (Bear in mind that I've never played Ascension, so it might still be bad, just less bad.)

Aye, well it's not SoA, but with Ascension and Wheels of Prophecy, it's not bad at all.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Shin said:

Aye, well it's not SoA, but with Ascension and Wheels of Prophecy, it's not bad at all.
    I think the first 10 minutes of ToB must be one of most poorly paced story experiences I've ever seen. By the time I was heading to Saradush I practically lost any interest in playing D:
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Wtf. Tob is great. Ascension is just for hardcores that wants to feel elite. Would never had any real success when it comes to real sales.

Respect for gaiders commitment and bug fixing
  • SpiteSpite Member Posts: 18
    edited December 2013
    EDIT: Nm, miss-thinking on my part