Skip to content

Unusual class & party for a new run-through

Good day!
I nearly finished my second SoA EE run (and want to wait till Ascension for ToB)
and I'm unsure what class/group I should try next..
I'm not really into the powergaming/minmaxing soo things that would sound interesting
are ehavily welcome! =)

I want to have Imoen (
she is my sister after all!
) and Neera (she is just
way to cute =P) in my team, the other 4 are up to suggestions =)

My classes in EE have been Mage/Thief multi and currently a Berserker/Cleric Dual, both where great fun ^^
Oooh, and strange weapon profs are fine too ^^

If anyone has any suggestions what to try next.. I would be more than happy =)

Have a nice day!

P.S. ..I'm not sure who of the Devs wrote Neera.. but curse you.. I can't play without her (and her romance) any more =P =P Joking, she is awesome and thanks for her :D
booinyoureyes

Comments

• nanonano Member Posts: 1,632

I'm trying to have a kind of absurd party with all the jokesters/funny characters have Neera, Minsc, Jan and Anomen and of course will be adding Imoen.

Poor Anomen... I can already tell he's going to be the victim of many jokes and pranks :D
    booinyoureyesBrudeArcanis
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Haha, I wish there was more banter between Anomen and Minsc. Like they get into some kind of argument and Minsc uses logic to outsmart him, making him frustrated and embarrassed. That would be amusing.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    For the nature party I would take Wilson the bear... Probably over Cernd or Minsc, then again he is pretty similar to Valygar for play style, 10 attacks with high damage if you IH him... But I guess in the nature party there's no IH...
  • MaylanderMaylander Member Posts: 74
    A fun combination to bring is actually Korgan and Mazzy. They're not only extremely efficient, they also have quite a lot of amusing banter. Also, Korgan and Keldorn get along surprisingly well and have some good banter too.

As for class choice - depends on your party I'd say. Or the other way around, the party depends on the class choice. I don't like too many clashing proficiencies. Perhaps an Elven Archer with Shortbows? If so, don't bring Mazzy, as she'll want the Shortbows. Or maybe a Monk. A bit painful in BG1, but extremely potent and a lot of fun in BG2. Various Druids (dual, multi or pure) can also be quite fun.
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    Well, I had Korgan in my first EE party.. It got a bit boring.. I had practically 2 kind of strategys for most battles: 3 or 4 fireballs as a greeting or sent Korgan in and get something to eat... once I gave him Crom to dual-wield he became absurdly powerful oO
    But I may try him again with Mazzy =)

Mh.. The Archer bonus/skills should also apply Crossbows, if I recall correctly. And they are some nice ones out there (Hi Firetooth *_*) and I have to admit, (fantasy-)Crossbows always appeared more like a Snipers weapon then a Short bow.. or it's just me and I'm weird, dunno :D

@booinyoureyes The party tips sound nice, aside from the first one, since my first playthrough
    (13 years ago according to the CD that is hanging on my wall ;-) ) was a Cavalier (I did the Aerie
    romance though.. tried Anomen and kicked him out pretty fast..) I think I stopped playing it once
    I memorised every single cut-scene.. luckily I learned English in the mean time :D

I think I'll try out the Saemo... I mean Swashbuckler run next.. but why Boo? Not sure he fits that well in the party, not sure who could replace him tho =/

The Character for the Swashbuckler is easy to make: snarky, womanising, easygoing and not much interested in the world (outside of things like fun, profit, friends, love & his current whim =P)

Now I just need some Weapon advise :D

Thanks for all the answers =)
    Hey buddy!
    Boo fits the party because he laughs in the face of danger, like any good outlaw/swashbuckler/charming roguish character!

When I think of Swashbuckler I think of Errol Flynn movies (he was an actor here in the states from a long time ago. My mother liked his movies. He always played a whimsical daredevil heroic character)

So any character that has a passion for adventure and a careless streak fits that party, hence Boo (and his faithful animal companion Minsc)
    Arcanis
    Why do I think Han Solo when I thinn swashbuckler
    booinyoureyesjackjack
    I have to admit, Han solo was ruined for my by the actor.. he isn't a bad one of course,
    but I always see I. Jones in him. And I never liked that character (partly because I study Archaeology and Jones is destroying culturel artifacts for his stupid treasure hunts T-T)
    *ahem* to bad they havn't implemented nice abilities like forced fencing duels & swinging towards enemys with a rope :D
    My swashy would just pull out a hand crossbow and shoot you with a poison dart before the duel...
    I think that would depend on the fight.. or to quote a mangacharacter:
    "Since the enemy is just a small girl, everyone follow me!" (he wasn't that happy to storm into them before =P)
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Arcanis said:

I think that would depend on the fight.. or to quote a mangacharacter:
    "Since the enemy is just a small girl, everyone follow me!" (he wasn't that happy to storm into them before =P)

Are you quoting Usopp, Son of Yasopp, Great Warrior of the Sea?
    @Eudaemonium dammit, I got caught x_x ... I mean, yes ^^
    Eudaemonium
  • MaylanderMaylander Member Posts: 74
    Arcanis said:

I think I'll try out the Saemo... I mean Swashbuckler run next.. but why Boo? Not sure he fits that well in the party, not sure who could replace him tho =/

The Character for the Swashbuckler is easy to make: snarky, womanising, easygoing and not much interested in the world (outside of things like fun, profit, friends, love & his current whim =P)

Now I just need some Weapon advise :D

Scimitars -> Belm -> Use Any Item -> Scarlet Ninja-to
    Pantalion
  • JaeldynJaeldyn Member Posts: 49
    Play a jester or a fighter druid using clubs, add Wilson Korgan and Nalia to your party. Scream like a girl. But seriously, try the jester.
  • AnotherLifeAnotherLife Member Posts: 115

Haha, I wish there was more banter between Anomen and Minsc. Like they get into some kind of argument and Minsc uses logic to outsmart him, making him frustrated and embarrassed. That would be amusing.

Minsc using logic ?
    @Jaeldyn I tried Bards before (never completed a run though). Jesters are fun and I can follow every whim (do I want to play caster? or a Fighter? or make my enemys kill themselves? ^^) but somehow.. it was lacking.. hard to describe.. It just lost its fun and I got bored.
    Same with Skald (first class I finished BGEE with, but never imported it to part 2..) And Blades are not really Bards IMHO =P
    The Stronghold was fun tho ^^

@Maylander Well, if I'm going to Dual (at 10 or 11 I guess) I'm not going to get UAI, so I guess I will stick with either Belm... or try to use mainly Daggers... I think I'll check the item list for a while :D

• PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Arcanis said:

Well, if I'm going to Dual (at 10 or 11 I guess) I'm not going to get UAI, so I guess I will stick with either Belm... or try to use mainly Daggers... I think I'll check the item list for a while :D

Belm/Kundane works too, the Scarlet Ninjato's just better and uses the same proficiency.

Minsc using logic ?
    That is why it would be funny. Minsc got the upper hand on Edwin for a moment or two in a few banters as well.