Skip to content

Wheels of Prophecy issue (some small spoilers)

DarkSpiralDarkSpiral Member Posts: 24
I posted this in WoP's forum on G3 some days ago , but there hasn't been any response, so I'm trying here. There are definitely spoilers, so if you've never used it, be warned!
------------------------------

Hello!

I'm trying out WoP for the first time. Without Ascension, as the latter isn't ready for BG2EE yet. I had a most interesting bug occur when I returned to Amkethran after defeating Abazigal; a drow army started spawning in. The monastery's monks and mercenaries turned hostile ALONG with Sendai's army, and I had the mother of all grand melee on my hands.

After enough drow (and minions) died, the mercs and monks became neutral again. t is my understanding that this is supposed to happen AFTER I convince Balthazar to join my group?

Also, after the bad guys were dead I moseyed on in to the monastery and interrupted Balthazar arresting Melissan. The dialog for calling her a fraud was there, she wen't hostile and summoned some friends, and I killed them. Balthazar gated out early in the fight and never reappeared.

I reloaded and repeated the fight, and CTRL-Y-ed it to end the fight before he gated out. Dialog ensued, but at the end, when I convinced Balthazar to join me, I had a hiccup when he asks me for a promise: he repeated himself, first saying it was my destiny to stop Sendai, then repeating almost exactly the same paragraph, aside from claiming it was my destiny to stop Melissan (I assume this normally happens if you wait until both Sendai and Abazigal are dead). Then he killed himself.

Has this situation occurred before to anyone?

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    You might want to tag @DavidW for this.
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Yep, that sounds pretty weird. I'll have a look when I get a chance (which I'm afraid won't be in the immediate future).

Coding WoP has been a pretty good illustration of why nonlinearity tends to be kept tightly under control in professional games: it's really hard to test all the permutations!