Skip to content

Best Jaheira Build?

Sword and Shield or Two-Weapon? I assume scimitar, but is anything else important?

Comments

• I prefer two-weapon, but some people go two-handed (staffs or spears). Scimitar is good for Spectral Brand and Belm; if you're willing to put up with the random explosions, Club is also worthwhile. If they fix throwing daggers to add strength damage, then dagger will become useful for Fire Tooth, otherwise slings are your best bet for a ranged option.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Did they Enhance clubs at all? By that I mean did they add any for the sequel?

Different physical damage types get different bonuses or penalties to hit the various armor types (leather, chain, etc.). Blunt damage is the best, then piercing, and slashing is the worst.
  • MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    edited December 2013
    Sword and Shield isn't really a good choice- missile AC isn't worth your proficiency points.

To clarify- using a shield is fine, just don't put points into the style.
  • PugPug said:

Did they Enhance clubs at all? By that I mean did they add any for the sequel?

Different physical damage types get different bonuses or penalties to hit the various armor types (leather, chain, etc.). Blunt damage is the best, then piercing, and slashing is the worst.

I'm not aware of any new clubs, so you're still looking at the Club of Detonation as your +5 option for that weapon proficiency. I wouldn't worry too much about damage type in BG2 other than for Clay Golems. While armor modifiers are somewhat relevant in BG1, in BG2 your THAC0 is improving by leaps and bounds and the majority of tough fights are against enemies wearing no armor at all.

• ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    Use a shield before you get points in dual wielding.
    SoA - Blackblood and Belm
    ToB - Spectral Brand and Belm, The Club of Detonation technically averages more damage, it just depends whether you're bothered about the fireball.