Skip to content

Windspear Dryad Quest Question *spoiler*

Do you ever get anything other than experience for saving the Dryads from Irenecus's dungeon?

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Possibly reputation, but no items iirc.
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    I didn't get any rep or gold. Just exp. Ah well, I guess it's one more for the list of 'things I can get away with regardless of alignment'.
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    You get an incentive to take up the mysterious Lord Jierdan Firkraag's offer about 5 levels before you have any chance of properly telling him what you thought of it.
    edited December 2013
    Wait, so if I don't have this quest then I have to wait until I'm a higher level before I can take the Paladin stronghold quest (assuming I'm NOT a paladin)?
    Not sure what you mean, what quest? If you're not a paladin (or haven't modded your game), you won't get their stronghold quests.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    No, you just stand no chance against Firkraag in a fair fight :)
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    kryptix said:

No, you just stand no chance against Firkraag in a fair fight :)

Hey, if he's allowed a stupid wing attack that sends my party flying on top of damage resistance and hold spells, I'm allowed trap-rest loops and fake-talks.
    By stronghold quest I mean the quest that is needed before that stronghold becomes available. Like how you need to do Nalia's keep before you can make it your stronghold. You don't have to be a fighter to do the quest, but a fighter would likely garner greater rewards since it can result in him getting his stronghold.
    I'm debating when to do Firkraag this play through because I want to pick up keldorn for the minimum time to do kangaxx while he doesn't kill hexxat...
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    You can actually solo him quite easily as a paladin. Get the fire resistance to 100 or as close as you can and range attack from the top of the stairs. Heartseeker which you find in the same dungeon even gives you a nice to hit boost.
    I wonder if my fighter Mage can beat him down with imp haste, 8-10 attacks per round and just buff fr to 100 with fire shield etc... Does pfmw work on his claws? Also, he didn't hit that fast I remember so maybe I can just stone skin the damage?
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    edited December 2013
    @kryptix

Protection from Magic Weapons does work against dragons - it would be silly if their claws were considered normal weapons, because then they couldn't damage a mere fire elemental.

He almost immediately casts iron skin and haste on himself though and I can guarantee you that the stoneskin will not be enough.

I don't know how you achieve that many attacks per round without Whirlwind (I guess limit to 5 per round still applies?) though. Depending on your level, half of your protection will be gone after you start the fight. Unless you cast Spell Immunity (Abjuration) of course.
  • kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    I think he will be easy to beat if you can:
    1. Have 100% fire resistance.
    2. Dispel his buffs.
    3. Have PfMW.

If you have 1. and 2. alone, it's probably still doable and it'll be the most fun battle that way. Both Chromatic Orb and PfMW + fire immunity would make it trivial and somewhat less fun. That said, I won't judge. I'm just saying you won't get an epic dragon battle if he can't hurt you.

By stronghold quest I mean the quest that is needed before that stronghold becomes available. Like how you need to do Nalia's keep before you can make it your stronghold. You don't have to be a fighter to do the quest, but a fighter would likely garner greater rewards since it can result in him getting his stronghold.

Well unless I'm mistaken killing Firkraag doesn't make the paladin stronghold available, but rather concludes the paladin stronghold questline. You don't get the quest to kill him unless you're a paladin and unless you've done the other paladin quests first.
  • jfutraljfutral Member Posts: 2
    OT—Not that this has anything to do with Dryads, but I have managed to use a Wand of Fear on Firkraag twice. The first time was unexpected, I was just trying to get the little wizard guy running around, but it worked on the dragon, too, and likely pure luck. The second time was intentional, after casting a bunch of anti-buffing spells. Sadly, somehow, he was far more dangerous the second time. Lost one NPC, but I did take him down eventually. The first time all he did was run around and keep casting Stone Skin.

Joe
    edited December 2013
    I remember how hard it was the first time I did it 13 years ago :) but back then I think I was told he had the ultimate weapon so I went there right away and then had to kite between 3 casters with mmm who were the only ones who could hit him...
    This time around I think I might just send in my fighter Mage with 8 apm after imp haste and go to town with 100% fr and a few stone skins memmed. She's too low for pfmw still but neera can imp haste.
    @kryptix
    Do you have 5th level spells?
    Lathlaer said:

@kryptix
    Do you have 5th level spells?

Yes I do. Neera and Nalia have 6th but temporarily dropped Nalia to do Rashaad's quest.

Ah, then you should be fine. Don't forget about Spell Immunity and you're good to go :)