Skip to content

How to keep Edwin?

After getting all these great welcomes in Trademeet, both Edwin and Viconie leave. At the same time. In the middle of my adventures. Sigh! Apparently, my heroic status of 19 seems to be too much for them. But I need Edwin, which is Edwina at the moment, so how could I convince him to stay? Apart from slaughtering innocent beings...

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Theres an ability... -2 reputation per use. You get it in Chapter 3, central to the plot... Otherwise.. get caught stealing?

• MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    EEkeeper any evil NPCs to neutral. Problem solved.
  • GriboeGriboe Member Posts: 47
    Unless you've gotten as far as @Heindrich1988 is suggesting the easiest course of action is finding some nobody you'd be comfortable sacrificing for your(and companions!) continued in-game happiness.
  • ArcaterArcater Member Posts: 22
    Well, I will continue with other characters - and keep my reputation. And Magic be damned - there are still some other, although not as talented mages. Strange that we have clerics on masse, but no really excellent mage for the good party. Thanks for all the answers!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    Are you romancing Vicona? If not kick her out before the rep gain and re-recruit her, she should lower your rep by two. This WILL kill her romance if you are romancing her though so fair warning.
  • DanrilorDanrilor Member Posts: 26
    The absolute, positive way to avoid 19 rep is to never, ever do anything nice for anyone. If somebody asks you to do a quest for them always ask for money. When you come back to report the quest done always be a jerk about it. My favorite: refuse quests from little kids and then go back and do them for the experience anyway. Then demanding double for payment to piss off pesky mayors that want to build you statues. Hey, you may have to take a shower afterward, but it beats fireballing commoners.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307

Are you romancing Vicona? If not kick her out before the rep gain and re-recruit her, she should lower your rep by two. This WILL kill her romance if you are romancing her though so fair warning.

Doesn't this also work with Dorn? I'm pretty sure you take a hit first time you sign him up... another option to avoid romantic complications with Viconia?
  • ojthesimpsonojthesimpson Member Posts: 121
    edited January 2014
    I kill Nalia's Aunt no matter what alignment my character is. What a bith
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    I thought they fixed it in EE so you gain the rep back with Viconia/Dorn leave the party, so dumping them and hiring them back doesn't really work anymore. I'm pretty sure they won't join you if your rep is 20, too. So trying to dump them at 19 rep, bumping you to 20 (since 20 is the cap) and hiring them back to drop it to 18 won't work. I know this is how it worked in BGEE with Viconia, haven't tried it in BG2EE, though.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    There's also the quest for the Silver Pantaloons. -2 rep and you get a fancy pair of pants in the process.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Just use the charname's ability, it's how I'm staying at 16-17 this run.