Skip to content

Screenshot and information analysis thread

Comments

• IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    In that case i even hope more that the final resolution for textures like that can be increased more, because what was shown and what already exists does not work well together as seen in some EE Screenshots already posted here!
  • LorfeanLorfean Member Posts: 43
    Hm, no, I haven't seen those before. Are they official art or fan art? Can't say I'm too impressed tbh... What do the first, second and fifth image have to do with BG anyway? The third image seems like it could be the Nashkel Carnival but the wagons looks weird and out of place -- as if they've been copied and pasted into the landscape -- and I'm not sure what those ruins are doing there. The fourth image seems like it could be the scene of commander Brage's massacre, and looks pretty good.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    @Lorfean, John Gallagher is an Artist who worked on the Original Baldur's Gate, and now he is working on Baldurs Gate Enhanced...

and the 'Ruins' is Dragonspear Castle located a short trip to the north of Baldur's Gate, in the High Moor

• paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    Whenever I see maps of BG1, I always think: "I really didn't explore enough." Aw, youth.
    edited August 2012

Whenever I see maps of BG1, I always think: "I really didn't explore enough." Aw, youth.

Yep me too... I always wanted to move through the Northern Baldur's Gate Gate ( ???) and continue on north.. the Warlock Crypt and Troll Hills sounds interesting also

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    agris said:

Separately, since this thread is what it is, is everyone familiar with John Gallagher's deviant art BGEE pictures?

Thanks for posting those. By the image urls I could figure out what his page was. Hahaha

http://uncannyknack.deviantart.com/
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Dragonspear castle? That should be a new map!
  • LorfeanLorfean Member Posts: 43
    edited August 2012
    @mch202
    I was referring to the ruins in the Nashkel Carnival image actually, but thanks :-)

Still wondering why he's making art of dragon riders and Dragonspear Castle though, as neither were part of the BG series... makes me a bit nervous.
    edited August 2012
    Lorfean said:

@mch202
    I was referring to the ruins in the Nashkel Carnival image actually, but thanks :-)

Still wondering why he's making art of dragon riders and Dragonspear Castle though, as neither were part of the BG series... makes me a bit nervous.

@Lorfean
    From the dragon rider you can ignore, John said "Cloudpeak mountain top look shot, with an inspired nod to Skyrim"

So Cloudpeak mountain we have already ( With the monk quest ), as for Dragonspear Castle.. :-p

The description of the ruined caravan is "Northern Trade Way encounter area, pilgrim caravan" - dont know where is the northern trade way though... might be the third map? south of friendly are inn??

• Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    I'm sure BG:EE will be a hit, hopefully new modules will be on the way

Still we are waiting for Adventure Y, although mr. Trollster tweeted me that he didn't recall saying anything about any Adventure Y. I think they are pulling a late victory those at Overhaul.

*1 hour before release* - We are proud to announce Adventure Y, a new adventure which is STRICTLY related to the Bhaalspawn saga which gifts the player 12 new open areas, a 25 hours long dungeon, 500 new monster kinds, 1000+ new items!

Random guy that DIDN'T pre-order : "Oh crap, I must pre order now! *goes to Beamdog and fails to access it because way too many people are attempting to buy the game* DAMNIT!!! D: "

Might be wishful thinking, but hey, I bet those guys are aiming to surprise those whiny bastards that are saying that the EE is a rip off the mods that "existed ever since Jesus was born"

Couldn't Agree more! :)
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    @agris OMG, these artworks are amazing !!!! That guy should try to do the Baldur's Gate city or Durlag's Tower
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    I quite like the artwork, though I do aggree those carts and wagons look out of place on that one shot
    edited August 2012
    Seldar said:

@agris OMG, these artworks are amazing !!!! That guy should try to do the Baldur's Gate city or Durlag's Tower

@Seldar, this is just a concept art of possible (??) new areas, the one who will make a art of Durlag's Tower or Baldur's Gate is probably Nat Jones, who made the Candlekeep and Friendly Arm Inn pictures.

• lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited August 2012
    mch202 said:

Still we are waiting for Adventure Y, although mr. Trollster tweeted me that he didn't recall saying anything about any Adventure Y. I think they are pulling a late victory those at Overhaul.

Didnt he say that he wasnt drunk or something ..???
    Btw love those pics !!!!!!! Yir i know dobbeltpost........:O)
    edited August 2012
    @lordkim, he said:

@TomiLovric Hmm, this Adventure Y, I have no recollection of any drunk tweets that may have mentioned an adventure Y.

I guess that at 12th of May he was REALLY drunk ;-)
    Hahaha... Ill bet he was..:P Well ill buy him a beer then if he wasnt.
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    edited August 2012
    Quite nice artwork which was posted here earlier on page 3 :) It is awesome to bring back talented artists to work for the EE!

Since the Release Date is already coming closer and closer... And there are still only Screenshots from the lower half of the resolutions posted...

I wonder why no screenshots of 1920*1080 or above have been shown... since it was stated that the EE supports also the higher ones?

I wonder why no screenshots of 1920*1080 or above have been shown... since it was stated that the EE supports also the higher ones?

My only answer is:
    Tweeter said:

Aug 15 Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

Screenshots need to be approved. All the approvers are going to Gencon.

• Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    Gencon? whats that?

does trent have anymore news concerning "Adventure Y" yet? :p
    edited August 2012
    @Excalibur_2102

Gen Con Indy 2012 - August 16-19

Gen Con Indy is the original, longest running, best attended, gaming convention in the world. For over 44 years, Gen Con Indy has been setting the trend and breaking records. Last year, more than 120,103 turnstile and 36,106 unique attendees experienced Gen Con Indy. The biggest complaint we hear is that there is simply too much to do, see, and experience. Get lost in a phantasm of art exhibits. Stare at jaw-dropping costumes, or better yet, wear one of your own. Meet the movers and the shakers in the gaming industry. Check out the newest games and get a sneak peek at the latest editions.

And for "adventure y":

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/2772/adventure-y/p1
  • Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206
    You missed one

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I prefer to purchase the Lord Ao character.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Now that sure is pretty.
  • Callofthebeast34Callofthebeast34 Member Posts: 16
    Beautiful picture.