Skip to content

Is this multistronghold mod gonna work?

Hi guys,The thief guild sucks balls!So i ask people if i can swap to Sphere in here:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/26055/does-anyone-knows-how-to-swap-the-class-stronghold#latest
And been told i can use this mod here:
http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s=2b52205a9eac06a8e5a0484d2adca2bd&showtopic=25760
any recommendation?

Comments

• skinnyfurlingskinnyfurling Member Posts: 19
    or suggestion?
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    I haven't tested it personally, but haven't heard of it not working for the EE. There's also a multistronghold component in BG Tweaks, albeit less customizable (enables all strongholds for all classes).
    Shin said:

I haven't tested it personally, but haven't heard of it not working for the EE. There's also a multistronghold component in BG Tweaks, albeit less customizable (enables all strongholds for all classes).

it worked!Thx,now i'll just cross my finger hoping there r no bugs would been caursed by it.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    multiple strongholds is weird as hell. I thought it was in case you had multi/dual classed and could take both strongholds associated to your class. Instead, the game treats it like you can acquire *EVERY* strong-hold, and makes for weird scenarios, like being able to run the druid grove as a non-druid, or being treated like a paladin when you're chaotic evil. Stuff like that where it just makes less sense.
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    edited November 2013
    easy enough to deal with imo - just don't accept the mods you feel are inappropriate for you. honestly, I feel like a Ranger would be close enough to handle a druid grove, and any martial character with a religious bent would manage the duties of a Paladin as long as their philosophy aligns with the order's (though having access to Detect Evil in some form would help :P)

multiple strongholds is weird as hell. I thought it was in case you had multi/dual classed and could take both strongholds associated to your class. Instead, the game treats it like you can acquire *EVERY* strong-hold, and makes for weird scenarios, like being able to run the druid grove as a non-druid, or being treated like a paladin when you're chaotic evil. Stuff like that where it just makes less sense.

Yep!thats why u can choose the class-restricted multi stronghold option
    Aranneas said:

easy enough to deal with imo - just don't accept the mods you feel are inappropriate for you. honestly, I feel like a Ranger would be close enough to handle a druid grove, and any martial character with a religious bent would manage the duties of a Paladin as long as their philosophy aligns with the order's (though having access to Detect Evil in some form would help :P)

thats gonna be way much more complicated.
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282

Aranneas said:

... I don't understand what you mean. I'm suggesting players decide for themselves which strongholds are appropriate for his or her character - aside from the bioware 'we tell you which one you get' I think this is the simplest solution possible.
    Aranneas said:

Aranneas said:

... I don't understand what you mean. I'm suggesting players decide for themselves which strongholds are appropriate for his or her character - aside from the bioware 'we tell you which one you get' I think this is the simplest solution possible.
    Oh,in that case...good idea. U know which mod can meet that kinda need?
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    The SCS one linked by you in the topic allows you to choose which strongholds will be attainable by everyone - so if you are to play a fighter, install the strongholds that you feel a fighter should be able to get. The BG Tweaks component on the other hand enables all strongholds for everyone, as stated.
    Shin said:

The SCS one linked by you in the topic allows you to choose which strongholds will be attainable by everyone - so if you are to play a fighter, install the strongholds that you feel a fighter should be able to get. The BG Tweaks component on the other hand enables all strongholds for everyone, as stated.

I see.Thx!

• zunamizunami Member Posts: 42
    The BG tweaks mod works to an extent.

It allows you to selectively install certain components, such as multiple strongholds, but it's NOT a guarantee. You should make a savegame before you begin on any of the stronghold quests, and if it for some reason doesn't work, you can revert and use a combination of the cluaconsole and EEkeeper to get the desired result instead.

I agree entirely that the thieves guild sucks, it requires too much attention. I mean, I have to be there every 5 days to receive a purse of gold from one guy and hand it over to the guy standing RIGHT fucking next to him.

Actually, you don't even need that mod to get the sphere though, the sphere is the only stronghold that has a simple 1 time cluaconsole command to enable as a stronghold, even if you already have another one. I can't remember the command though, but using it should instantly grant it to you, and allow you entry.
    zunami said:

The BG tweaks mod works to an extent.

It allows you to selectively install certain components, such as multiple strongholds, but it's NOT a guarantee. You should make a savegame before you begin on any of the stronghold quests, and if it for some reason doesn't work, you can revert and use a combination of the cluaconsole and EEkeeper to get the desired result instead.

I agree entirely that the thieves guild sucks, it requires too much attention. I mean, I have to be there every 5 days to receive a purse of gold from one guy and hand it over to the guy standing RIGHT fucking next to him.

Actually, you don't even need that mod to get the sphere though, the sphere is the only stronghold that has a simple 1 time cluaconsole command to enable as a stronghold, even if you already have another one. I can't remember the command though, but using it should instantly grant it to you, and allow you entry.

There's a command for that?O well,i'v already install the mod,but thx anyway.
  • zunamizunami Member Posts: 42
    yeah, it's a really simple command.

Remember, that many global variables can be edited in EEkeeper as well, which is a lot easier than working with the cluaconsole.

If you're going to use this mod however, I strongly recommend not using any other mod components from it, as it WILL result in some bugs, most of which are not game breaking, but without knowledge of how to use the cluaconsole, they can end up being a real pain in the ass.

Also, I strongly recommend using a walkthrough to help you recognize when a stronghold quest is about to start, so that you can save prior to starting the quest, and revert in case of the mod not working, because it does not always work.
    edited December 2013
    zunami said:

yeah, it's a really simple command.

Remember, that many global variables can be edited in EEkeeper as well, which is a lot easier than working with the cluaconsole.

If you're going to use this mod however, I strongly recommend not using any other mod components from it, as it WILL result in some bugs, most of which are not game breaking, but without knowledge of how to use the cluaconsole, they can end up being a real pain in the ass.

Also, I strongly recommend using a walkthrough to help you recognize when a stronghold quest is about to start, so that you can save prior to starting the quest, and revert in case of the mod not working, because it does not always work.

Thx.I donno how to use complex cluaconsole recommends,but i'm not planning to install new mods either.I just wanna go through the scenario one more time and reexperience as many stories as possible.