Skip to content

kachickos wakizashi and dual wield suggestions

Is the on hit wisdom drain of kachickos useful for anything other than combating priests? Also, anyone have any suggestions on dual wielding weapon choices for my wizard slayer. Trying to stay away from blunt weapons, long swords, and katanas. I'd like to do scimitars but then I feel like a drizzt rip off and bastard swords I really don't have experience in. Daggers and shortswords have some nice effects but I don't know if they would be worth attaining grand mastery in.

Comments

• GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Hit on wisdom is good in general for the same reason Mind Flayers are deadly: You drain an enemy's Wisdom, or any attribute for that matter, to 0 the victim will die.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    The main issue is that Kachiko's wakazashi only drains wisdom for 2 rounds, correct me if I'm wrong. This makes it far less viable to stat-drain enemies to death with than Shapechange or other stat-draining weapons.

NB - I'm currently 11000 miles from my computer or I'd check this more thoroughly.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    @Corvino You're right, it's only 2 rounds. Hope your computer makes it home safely!
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Corvino said:

I'm currently 11000 miles from my computer or I'd check this more thoroughly.

I would go insane.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Haha @nano, it's the other way around. My desktop is sat at home, but I'm halfway around the world. Going slowly nuts. Bloody holidays, getting in the way of my gaming.

Back to the topic though, You can still get in a very solid 20 hits with the Wakazashi over 2 rounds using GWW. This could well spell doom for a lot of enemies if you can hit them reliably. But 20 attacks is usually enough to kill things the old-fashioned way.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    edited December 2013
    Corvino said:

The main issue is that Kachiko's wakazashi only drains wisdom for 2 rounds, correct me if I'm wrong. This makes it far less viable to stat-drain enemies to death with than Shapechange or other stat-draining weapons.

NB - I'm currently 11000 miles from my computer or I'd check this more thoroughly.

true, but you can get up to 10 attacks per round if you have Grand Mastery, Belm off-hand, and have Haste and Improved Haste cast on you. Or just use Greater Whirlwind, take your pick. But yeah 2 round duration is pretty 'meh'.

EDIT: And I was ninja'd before even realizing I was ninja'd. wow.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    It is OK if you are fighting enemies with 3 WIS, there, mostly if they also have Stoneskin effect applied and they are pesky 4 WIS Beholders...