Skip to content

Hexxat's alignment (Big Spoilers!)

So, I finished Hexxat's SoA content, I think (is the shroud the last one?). Does anyone else she seems more Lawful Evil than Neutral Evil? Apart from self-preservation, her defining character trait seems to be her code of honor about always completing her jobs, regardless of what happens to her in the process. In fact, I'd even put her as Lawful Neutral if it weren't for her vampirism (which in D&D terms, forces an Evil label) and the actions she took in getting out of the tomb.

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Yeah, to be honest she seems more Lawful Evil to me as well. She definitely has a particular code of conduct that she follows. (To the Keepermobile!) XP

Though you also get the distinct sense that she would follow through on her threats, and she isn't above disposing of the odd pawn, e.g. Clara.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    I don't know; did you see all of the bones scattered around Dragomir's Tomb? And the wraiths? Yeah. Those were Hexxat's former victims. ;)
    We're not disputing the Evil, or at least I'm not ;) Merely whether she acts more Lawful Evil than Neutral Evil ;)
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    It could be said that she only killed those people to sustain herself, which would be in keeping with a LE alignment I think.
  • TheWhitefireTheWhitefire Member Posts: 119
    Lawful Evil, IMHO, would try to find a way around mindless slaughter even to sustain themselves. Or at least have the decency to clean up afterwards. Leaving all those bones scattered about is downright uncivilized.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Lawful Evil seems right... definitely NOT Lawful Neutral that's for sure
    I guess it would probably be accurate to describe her as NE with LE tendencies, kinda like Korgan is CE with NE tendencies.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited December 2013

I guess it would probably be accurate to describe her as NE with LE tendencies.

that's exactly what id say, id definitely never say she lawful evil given her various habits and methods

• kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    I would say that if you don't have any of the truly good people in your party she acts more neutral than evil. Especially since I'm romancing her, she is more like Jaheira than Viconia...
    I'd agree on that, but I think it's just that her evil is more subtle. She isn't an overt psycho like Dorn and Korgan or a megalomaniac like Edwin. In a party full of cutthroats and blackguards, she seems practically neutral since none of them call her out on her evil buffet behaviour (for example), and compared to them she's polite and well-mannered.