Skip to content

Incorporating Fighter/Mage/Druid

I would like this multiclass added, along with others of the same ilk--mage/druid and etc. I just like to play characters I have played in the past. The first iteration of the Baldur's Gate 1 book had this class listed as a viable class to choose. I think it would make things more interesting. It doesn't seem like it would take much to do this. Any thoughts on if this was probable?

Comments

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Mage/Druid would be totally badass. I reckon it'd compete with Mage/Cleric for badassery. People play the hell out of the Avenger and they get a measly 6 mage spells, so if that's any indicator at all...

Unfortunately Baldur's Gate sticks pretty damn close to 2nd Edition ruleset so I can't see it happening. It's totally BS in the case of the second game though, because honestly, the kits reek of 3rd Edition (no offense to fans of 3E, figure of speech :] ) ... I can think of far more intimidating things than adding Mage/Druid honestly.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    I support it.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    I can't imagine how this wouldn't be awesome, there's enough redundancy between a Mage and Cleric spell list that a Mage could definitely accommodate the unique Druid spells without hurting from the loss, and just being able to use Scimitars alone would be(lm) a major perk.

Of course I'd want Ranger/Mage/Cleric myself....
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 877
    The mage/druid is my favourite multi-class option in 1e/2e AD&D. So yeah, making this option available would be wonderful.
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    couldn't some mod work be done to create a cleric kit that was like a druid, then do a force kit/class multi class like gnome's c/i?
  • AnterosAnteros Member Posts: 37
    The best multiclass would be Ranger/Cleric/Mage : You'd get 2 dots in 2WF, stealth, weapon specialization, cleric, mage and druid spells.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Anteros the best multi-class would be M/C/T, or even better, M/D/T, but those are completely illegal in 2E.
  • AnterosAnteros Member Posts: 37
    CrevsDaak said:

@Anteros the best multi-class would be M/C/T, or even better, M/D/T, but those are completely illegal in 2E.

Those would be perfect solo characters. Too bad they're not allowed.

• ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    Druid/bard is a class I've always wanted. It's 2nd Ed compatiable as well as historically friendly.
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    edited December 2013
    M/C/T is on my Christmas wishlist.. has been for many years now.

M/C valid
    C/T valid
    F/M/T valid
    F/M/C valid
    M/C/T not valid. Eh?

Given that a fair few kits are "ported" from 3rd Ed.. lets "port" M/C/T =D
  • ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    I'd love to see the druid/mage and fighter/mage/druid as well. I've often wonder why it wasn't made available. On a side note, the multiclass ranger/druid is also listed in the 2nd edition PHB, but no info is given in the book on how that is supposed to work.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I still want to be able to play a Bardbarian.
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    Faydark said:

M/C/T is on my Christmas wishlist.. has been for many years now.

M/C valid
    C/T valid
    F/M/T valid
    F/M/C valid
    M/C/T not valid. Eh?

Given that a fair few kits are "ported" from 3rd Ed.. lets "port" M/C/T =D

So... which M/T races can also be C/Ts while also having access to Triple classes? I'm curious is all.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    My guess would be those pesky half-elves.
  • ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    In 2nd edition, half-elves are the kings of multiclass, so I'd say so.