Skip to content

Ravager is immune to all things - Black Pits 2

dingoegretdingoegret Member Posts: 7
edited November 2013 in Challenges and Playthroughs
Yup so I'm stuck on the Bhaal Spawn fight of the black pits 2. I can kill everyone else but the giant ravager is impossible. 100000% immune to magic, electricity, fire, cold, acid, time stop, +1 to +6 weapons, bad jokes, good jokes, etc etc..

One thing I've always hated about Baldur's Gate is the hacky way they make bosses invincible. Wish it would stick with rules. Then I can lower magic resistance and blast away. Anyone beat this guy yet?

Comments

• MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    He's not actually 100000% immune to everything.
    He's essentially a god though. Try equipping everyone with +4 weapons or higher and just keep whomping on him.
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    The Ravager in Black Pits 2 is pretty much the same as the version which you get to fight in Throne of Bhaal. The same strategies that worked on that version will work on the Black Pits 2 version. One other thing might be worth mentioning though:

Eneger is fairly vulnerable in his standard form. If you are quick enough, you can kill him before he can get a chance to transform into the Ravager which can make this battle a lot easier.
  • dingoegretdingoegret Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2013
    Yeah thats what I ended up doing by accident. I just focused fired everything I had plus spell triggers and contingencies. He went down like a flat pancake. Delighted to see no ravager.
  • I had exactly this same issue.
    The first time I fought him, the only +4 or better weapon I had was the Club of Detonation +5, and it simply wasn't enough to bring him down, especially since he constantly dispels effects on you so no Improved Haste etc. I finally got irritated, loaded up on magic weapons (Purifier +4, Arrows +4, etc), and that attempt Eneger somehow got chunked before he transformed. I was almost let down!
  • DrayenDrayen Member Posts: 127
    Didn't know you could do that. All I did was kite him around with my archer while casters chewed him down with energy blades
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    I didn't encounter the Ravager at all in my BP2 runthrough, is this during the Bhaalspawn fight or something?
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Yeah, it is.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited December 2013
    Pfffff Baldur's Gate bosses are easy, the final battle of PS:T, you have to face your own mortality, who deals like 25 damage each hit, besides, he can cast lots of spells and has around 390 hit points, still, by that time I had 400 Hit Points and 39 levels as a Mage as well 9 as a fighter and 6 as a thief, even that, it was difficult.
    The Ravager in vanilla BG2 was easy, because the pain were those freaking Bone Blades inflicting cold damage like no-one else.
    Edit: there is a 10000 HP version of The Transcendent One :P
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Though of course in PST you can talk your way out of the final battle... :)
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    As a Solo Sorcerer, the Black Pits II Ravager fight was painful.

I've heard the term "unload your spellbook," before. I didn't realize just how literally I had to do it. Project Image, Time Stop, as many offensive spells as I could muster, and more Time Stop renewal. I cast every last Magic Missile on the Slayer-to-be. By this time, my Project Image ended, and my Contingencies + Magic Missile + Greater Malison + Finger of Death spam on the Ravager-to-be and Slayer-to-be made sure those ____ers never got a turn.

After that, it was just mop up.

So, after about 20 tries, I finally beat the fight by winning rocket tag and unloading on full auto.
  • ShivanShivan Member Posts: 22
    Oh man, you managed a solo sorcerer... that's damned impressive, I thought I was having a tough enough time with a berserker, cleric, and sorc (whom I themed after the prime evils in Diablo). So far my only victory against the ravager was via many, many ways of increasing my berzerkers speed over and over so he could deal his MAXIMUM OF SIX DAMAGE to the ravager every hit (seriously, I have never seen anything hurt the ravager for more than that except a Boly of Glory for 13), run away, chug potions, rinse repeat. via planetars, I raised the other two fromt he dead at least three times each, but they all died in the end... not entirely sure how Diablo managed to survive long enough to land the final blow.
  • AndtalathAndtalath Member Posts: 23
    Most efficient way I've found out (solo cleric/mage in normal campaign) is to use 3x pierce shield (lower resist won't work since he is immune to level 5 and lower spells) to get his MR down from 90 to 0, then use harm on him.
    Brings him down to 1 HP.

Also, hilarious to deal 500+ damage with a single spell ;)

As a sorceror, you basically have to wittle him down with horrid wilting and summons.
    10-15 horrid wiltings should kill him i you've lowered his MR.
    So, basically, you need three full castings even with a high level caster.
    Oh, and pierce shield is also level 8.

But, yeah, best way is to use timestop+mindflayer BEFORE he turns.