Skip to content

Edwin + guild war with evil party (spoilers I guess)

iAmGoatBoyiAmGoatBoy Member Posts: 72
So I've been playing through BGII enhanced with an evil/neutral party and stupidly, I've managed to get locked out of siding with Bodhi's vampires in the guild war by completing the Mae'Var quest line for the shadow thieves, and I don't have a save from before I did that. I'm not that far into the game story-wise but I've done a LOT of chapter one side quests, as well as character quests for Dorn, Hexxat, Jaheira and Edwin so having to restart would be very annoying. So, I've got two major questions:

1: Is there any huge difference in siding with the Shadow Thieves over Bodhi's vampires in the guild war and am I compromising my "evil" playthrough by siding with the Shadow Thieves?

2: Is it possible to recruit Edwin to your party without becoming aligned with the Shadow Thieves and thus frozen out by Bodhi?

Comments

• kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    I didn't know that maevar locks you out... I remember yoshimo pushing you towards both maevar and bodhi but haven't used him in forever...

Other than locking you out of keldorn and mazzy I don't think bodhi's line changes much.
  • iAmGoatBoyiAmGoatBoy Member Posts: 72
    I don't know if it's the Mae'Var quest line specifically that locked me out, but when I met Bodhi at the graveyard, she said she wouldn't work with me as I'm "too dedicated a thief" for her to trust, or words to that effect, which I assume is due to me becoming guildmaster of Mae'Var's old guildhouse.
  • iAmGoatBoyiAmGoatBoy Member Posts: 72
    Ahhh thanks, yeah my char is a swashbuckler so that's the answer :)
  • ErinneErinne Member Posts: 151
    edited December 2013
    Is your PC a thief? I'm pretty sure Bodhi doesn't recruit thieves (regardless if you've done the Mae'var quest yet or not), because the game designers didn't want to lock you out of your stronghold. Other than that, I think the only way you get locked out of siding with Bodhi is if you actually hand over the money to Gaelan Bayle. On my evil playthrough (with a bard PC), I did the Mae'var questline and sided with the vampires afterwards no problem.

However, I don't think siding with the Shadow Thieves is going to compromise your playthrough in any way. You'll probably be getting slightly different loot from the Chapter 3 quests, but there should be no major differences.

EDIT: Damn, ninja'd
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Oh, shit, I will have to side my evil party AGAIN with those Shadow bazterdz Thieves!!!