Skip to content

Saerileth mod

kyudoshakyudosha Member Posts: 10
Hello

Thanks for makin this mod :)

my question is if Saerileth make any comment on equalizer sword? or on any weapon/armor used for bad/good ppl related to some ingame god or something i mean like Human Flesh and so on.

Or if there is some related mod to it, I can say new npc are fun, but they dont make comments on such.

Or if anyone know some other mods that make it happen. I recall solaufein mod was amazing in terms of talks. Other mods Im interested got only SoA version ~ :(

Cheers

Comments

• LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
  • Rylorn23Rylorn23 Member Posts: 77
    And how she will react to Dorn? I played this npc mod and her starting location is at the building of Radiant Heart in the temple district. Will there be a fight between these two characters? Like she will defend the this temple while Dorn is trying get in?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    She won't, since the mod content won't have been updated vis-a-vis the new content.
    I understand. I can't even wait see the battle between these two. :D
    Who will win?
    A bisexual half-orc blackguard or 15 years old Chosen of Tyr?
    Duel can begin!

• DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    edited December 2013
    The topic post makes me nauseous... it praises Saerishit
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    edited December 2013
    I used to think I was the only one that thought Saerileth was a truly hideously written mod given everywhere I looked I fell over seemingly endless praise like the OP here for the mod.

This forum has thankfully cured me of that and I realise I am not the only one after all.

To the OP. I hope you will forgive those of us who despise this mod. It's only because it's somewhat shocking that people actually like this mod. It is My Immortal levels of horrific, like it's a mod that exists only to troll modders with how terrible it is.
    And people actually to seem to like it with a complete lack of irony.

It kinda beggars belief.

lol.

@Rylorn23

I would be enthusiastically cheering on Dorn.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I'd like to think we'd all be cheering on Dorn. Heck, even Keldorn is cheering on Dorn.
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    edited December 2013
    I don't know.

I mean I don't get it - I have played with it because when I asked for "good good aligned npc mods" practically everyone said "oh download Saerileth! she's awesome!" - and I just don't understand. It's the single worst mod I have ever play with in any game ever. Not being hyperbolic here - it's genuinely how I feel.

I completely felt like I had wasted hours of my life playing through this nightmare of a mod while I kept hoping it would get to the "awesome" bit that everyone promised me.

But then people out there absolutely love the twilight books/movies and I have serious questions about the literary value/merit in THOSE as well.

I mean it's telling that the first time I encountered someone who thought Saerileth was as horrible as I did was when I come onto this forum. After BGEE got released and people started talking about BG2EE and what mods would be converted over.
    So no doubt there are many like the OP, who would be cheering on Saerileth, and not Dorn.

EDIT:
    Do you think we could someone to do a "Dorn kills Saerileth gruesomely" mod? I don't usually advocate the murder knife option but in her case it's completely justified. lol.
    I know that some people say it's a horrible mod, but some say it's not actually a bad. The only things that I liked in this mod was to travel to the Sigil and chance get to the spellhold with the help of Radiant Heart. I played as an Inquisitor and it was honestly good choice for a paladin. Also there was one dialogue with Saerileth if played as a paladin. She asked me, which god I serve.
    There was also dialogue in Garren's house in windspear hills if I played as a paladin and if I have romance with her.
    The main reason, why I install this mod, was of course the way to get to the spellhold without help of thiefs and bodhi.
    Everyone knows that it is nearly impossible for a lawful good character to go through the game and remain completely true to his alignment. Siding with thieves is not a very lawful thing to do, nor is allying with undead a particularly good deed.
    But there is also a "Alternatives" mod from Gibberling3. So next time, if I will play as a normal paladin ( no blackguard ), then I will install this instead Saerileth mod. I hope, there will be an update of this mod for BG2EE.
    There is also Yasraena NPC mod, that is actually from the same creators and with the same voice actor. But I think it's much better than our "Loli Saerileth". Yeah, the voice is still terrible, but some encounters are good. She too has dialogue with the charname Paladin. Asking me about devotion to my god, and mentioning about, that drows in underdark worship Loth, becouse it's place of terror.
    Also, when you meet her in Irenicus dungeon and let her join your party, you will lose two points of your reputation. That's becouse she is drow.

Yes, everybody nows, that drows are evil, but not all. Drizzt is drow too and he's a ranger with pure heart.
    So I think, that my paladin actually made good choice for taking her to party. It makes me feel, like I have him in my band.

Not mention ( now I know that some people will hate me ), when I meet Viconia in BG1 and BG2 while I play as a pally, I let that Flaming fist mercenery ( who is truly Lawful neutral and supporter of law ) kill her and let her in BG2 burn in government distric. Keldorn also didn't have problem with that. :D

He actually agree. No wonder that we both have Detect evil ability. Evil is evil that will never hide from us. But I will never let drows like Yasraena to be killed by some fanatical and blind people.

So if I must choose between Saerileth and Yasraena, then I choose Yasraena NPC mod.
    Becouse she is stronger and not so creepy like her.
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    Tsujatha, also by these people, is bad as well. He's an Emo Elf Necromancer who cuts himself, has a ridiculously OP Necklace, is 'not such a bad guy', and can only be romanced by Good Females.

And he came out before these kinds of Tweenage nightmares were popular.
  • velehalvelehal Member Posts: 299
    Has anybody tried Saerileth and Tsujatha in the same group? It must be ...rather unsual experience. They should have 5 banters in SoA and 2 in ToB (according to G3 Crossmod Banter Pack).
    I only tried Saerileth with Kelsey. He has good voice and some banters with quests. But there is no banters between them in G3 banter pack. Unfortunately, I kick him from my party to take Aerie. :(
    And I didn't even finish Saerileth in TOB. Becouse I was bored with the gameplay.

Now about Tsujatha:
    I know that he is NE and I readed that he is only romanceable with good characters and will leave only, if your reputation is too low.
    How can this be possible for evil character? Shouldn't he leave, if your reputation is too high? Maybe bugs?
    I don't know.

I was thinking, that I will try again Saerileth with my Inquisitor, and finish her in TOB together with Yasraena. I think, that they will get along. Also together with Jaheira, Aerie and Imoen.

Have someone tried Kindrek?
    Me: He is awful and magic hater. So I quickly uninstalled him. Becouse everything what is magic and I will give him to inventory, he will destroy! O_O