Skip to content

potion case

Is there any to be had can't seem to find one I loved that in bgee

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    There's one on the wztcher's keep merchant. Otherwise, no :(
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    I don't think we changed this from the vanilla game, so...
    Arcana Archives (25spell.sto) in Saradush (ar5011)
    Temple of Helm (garlena.sto) in Watcher's Keep (ar3000)
    Karthis al-Hezzar (hgkar01.sto) in the River Area (ar6400)
    Chyil (amcler02.sto) in Amkethran (ar5503)
    It does seem that something's lacking there as far as SoA availability goes.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Alternatively you can install BG2 Tweaks. It has a component that adds several containers including Potion Cases in Athkatla.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Miloch said:

It does seem that something's lacking there as far as SoA availability goes.

That's because Potion Cases were a ToB addition, and Bioware/Black Isle never bothered to add any in the SoA portion. Same with the Ammo Belt. It might be something to consider in any future patches.

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Highly Agree.

On the other hand, it meant I was more likely to use the potions as opposed to storing them for later and forgetting about them...

On the other hand, it meant I was more likely to use the potions as opposed to storing them for later and forgetting about them...

I can see that with the Potion Case, but having an Ammo Belt to stash your excess ammo is extremely handy. I've been modding my game so that every member of my party will get one. Though I've reduced the capacity of each one to 240, rather than the 1000 default. That gives each member an extra load for all their regular slots.

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited December 2013
    I'll admit I use the component of whatever mod it is, (BG2Tweaks?), that allows ammo to stack up to 999(9?).
    jackjack said:

I'll admit I use the component of whatever mod it is, (BG2Tweaks?), that allows ammo to stack up to 999(9?).

I consider that something of a cheat myself. While inventory management in these games can be a pain by default, I prefer to place some limits on things.

• nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Eh, managing 10 stacks of arrows is no fun, especially when you're firing 10 shots a round. I don't see why you'd classify one as a cheat and not the other because it hardly makes a difference in gameplay, it just cuts down on the clicking you have to do. It's not like moving ammo from your belt to your pack makes the game harder.
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    edited December 2013
    I used to feel that unlimited potion, gem, ammo stacking was the worst kind of cheating, and that I would never do it... until I played the game multiplayer (start to finish). Not having to spend a half hour managing stacks of arrows between three people is very... nice.

They should officially add a few potion cases to BG2 portion of the game. At least one in the Adventurers Mart.
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    Instead of potion case I use Viconia.