Skip to content

Blackguard HLA-summon fallen deva

Anyone know the stats of this creature? thanks.

Comments

• KoyoteKoyote Member Posts: 89
    edited December 2013
    Fallen Deva:
    Level: 30
    HP: 110
    AC: -7 (preDEX)
    THACO: 5 (preSTR)
    Attacks/round: 2
    Has Mace of disruption+2
    Magic Resistance: 70%
    STR: 19
    DEX: 19
    CON: 14
    Immune to: backstab, poison, confusion, petrification, level drain, charm, slay feeblemind.
    Regenerates 1 HP per 3 seconds.
    Alignment: Something Evil
    Summon duration: 4 rounds + 1 round/level
    Saves: 3-5-4-4-6
    Resistances:
    - Fire: 100
    - Electric: 100
    - Cold: 100
    - Acid: 0
    - Magic Fire: 50
    - Magic Cold: 100
    - Magic: 70
    - Slashing: 10
    - Crushing: 10
    - Piercing: 10
    - Missile: 10

Edit: don't take my list as complete...it does other things like stun on hit, dispell on hit, weapon immunity, spellcasting, etc.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    So basically it can get taken down in half a round by a fighter :)
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Devas and Fallen Devas also get a fair number of priest spells, I can't recall if they get any mage spells but Planetars definitely do.

A Deva can do a heck of a lot of healing and tank like an extra NPC. They're worth a HLA spot any day.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    kryptix said:

So basically it can get taken down in half a round by a fighter :)

Suuuuure it can, lol.

Deva/Fallen Devas are pretty all around extra meat to put in your battles. They move a few ticks faster than normal units without haste, can cast a plethora of spells, and have various neat effects, plus all those resistances. If you have a divine caster with a few level 7 slots to waste, then you can't go wrong with them.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Even better @GamingFreak - get your Paladin or Blackguard to take the HLA and cast them as a special ability without wasting spell slots!
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    True, but that's if you have those guys in your party... though if you're picking Blackguard HLAs, that's definitely an option. Me? I wouldn't even bother picking up Deva summoning HLAs before picking up the much needed WW and GWW abilities, maybe Hardiness too.
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    Don't forget that like all high level summons they automatically see invisible.

Their only problem is that Planetar is so much better and regrettably you cannot have both at the same time.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Not sure whether this is Planetar exclusive, but I've seen Planetars's melee can instantly kill an enemy (you see the ghost thing from the wail of banshee appear on dead enemy). Not sure what the saving throw for that effect is.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Yeah, Planetars use vorpal swords, 25% chance, save at -2 or die.

Devas stun instead, 100% with a normal save.
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    edited December 2013
    @bbear That's because he has Silver Sword (25% for Vorpal Hit if failed save vs death with -2 penalty).

Deva, on the other hand, has Mace of Disruption (can stun enemy and autokill undead if I'm not mistaken).

What's funny is that you can actually disable those weapons as if they were normal characters. What's even funnier is that if you order a Planetar to use his fists instead of the sword, his haste effect stops :)