Skip to content

BG:EE performance on iPad Air?

nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
Just wondering if anyone has tried BG;EE (pre 1.2 patch) on the iPad Air. If so, how does the performance compare against the older iPads?

Comments

• ZeroDoomZeroDoom Member Posts: 1
    I've just upgraded from a ipad2 to a ipad air this weekend. BG:EE 1.0.214 seems to run a lot smoother. I can now use AOE magic with out the entire game turning into a slideshow but there still some noticeable slowdown.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Wait for 1.2 patch, it will get ALOT better.
    Eleutheros
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    It's great news that the performance improves with the iPad Air, because then it suggests that it will be really good with the new patch.
  • ValheruValheru Member Posts: 8
    Interestingly I have found the load times for saved games on the iPad Air and iPad 3 in BG EE being almost exactly the same - which surprised me.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    I don't know if that surprises me or not. With respect to this game, the AIR is, in all ways, IDENTICAL in hardware spec to the 3 and the 4 other than the CPU. Loading and Saving games is highly unlikely to be a number crunching/cpu intensive operation so it doesn't really surprise me much that load and save times have neither increased nor decreased.
  • vkbestvkbest Member Posts: 42
    Illydth said:

I don't know if that surprises me or not. With respect to this game, the AIR is, in all ways, IDENTICAL in hardware spec to the 3 and the 4 other than the CPU. Loading and Saving games is highly unlikely to be a number crunching/cpu intensive operation so it doesn't really surprise me much that load and save times have neither increased nor decreased.

i don´t know about iPad air, but iPad mini and iPad 4 flash storage was faster than iPad 3, I´m not agree you.