Skip to content

Can someone spoil Neera's TOB quest ending for me? [Obvious Spoilers]

So I already finished my playthrough with her, completed her TOB quest and killed Vicross. Like any rogue worth their salt, I came in through the back door, snuck up behind Vicross, and chunked her with a backstab. It wasn't until much later, I started wondering what exposition I had missed there. She's obviously using wild magic, and I was curious what her explanation was.

Comments

• LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    Basically she talks that no matter what she is finished and she has nothing to lose. Therefore she will live free which is kind of confusing since her first and last act of free will is attacking you :)
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    Ah, so no explanation as to whether she was a wild mage that managed to keep it a secret from the Thayans? Or that she acquired her wild magic from the experiments on wild mages? Seems like I made the right choice not giving her the chance to talk and chunking her with the staff of the ram.
    Ah, no - it seems that she indeed was a wild mage who managed to keep it a secret from Thayans. She kind of confirms what Szass Tam already told you. I don't remember the words exactly but from the context it seemed that even her master (I think it was the Zulkir of Invocation) was not aware of her...predicament :)

But no, no experiments :)
  • JaeldynJaeldyn Member Posts: 49
    Indeed she managed to hide the fact she was a wild mage thanks to her circlet you can loot from her (which somehow made the wild surges less noticeable). Just read the item description in game :)
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    OK, thanks guys. Just was curious what I missed out on there, and didn't start wondering about it until after I finished TOB, so didn't have a save anywhere around there to go back to.

I do think it was awesome that it was possible for me to sneak up behind her, and take her out with a backstab. TOB is lacking in rogue solutions to a lot of problems and battles. I even took down Szass with traps. It was obvious something bad was going to happen when I rang that bell. I had a great laugh when he teleported in right on top of my pile of traps.
    edited December 2013
    I had a great laugh when he tried to end the fight with me twice - supposedly because he 'didn't have time for that nonsense'. Yeah, it's not like he was in near death state, being pounded from all sides by my party and being constantly dispelled by Keldorn's Carsomyr.

Sorry, that's what you get for messing with a godchild.