Skip to content

Burning earth sword +1

This item is not doing fire damage for me. Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• milanmmilanm Member Posts: 27
    edited December 2013
    It's not supposed to, get the Flame Sword +1 if you need it for the trolls.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited December 2013
    Yep, it's not supposed to do fire damage so it doesn't work against Trolls, but despite having a bonus to THAC0 of +1, it is considered as +4 to determine which enemies it can hit, so it is perfect against Kangaxx.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2013
    it really should do fire damage given that it states "it burns a victim with magical fire" (plus the whole "flame tongue" and "burning" in the title) and the fact that it appears as a giant flaming sword.
    Post edited by elminster on
    edited December 2013
    riyahhassett I've thrown together a fix. Throw this itm file (its in the zip file) into your games override folder. The weapon's description won't say it does fire damage but if you use it (after you put this in the override folder) it should do 1 fire damage.
  • riyahhassettriyahhassett Member Posts: 59
    Thanks @elminster
    @CamDawg

While I don't want to take position on whether this sword should do fire damage or not (whatever the developers should decide is fine by me), there may be another problem with it.

The Burning Earth Sword +1 in the original BG2 is bugged, or rather the effects TROLLD1.EFF and TROLLH1.EFF are, because the IDS target is based on Class instead of Race (so 129 is Sarevok instead of Trolls). The timing mode and target are also off in these two EFF files.

Has this been fixed in BG2:EE ? If indeed it has, please disregard my post.
    edited December 2013
    @Erg I checked it in Near Infinity just now and it looks like both are fine.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Yeah, we got this one for Fixpack in my 'effing EFFs' review, so it made it to EE as well.
    CamDawg said:

Yeah, we got this one for Fixpack in my 'effing EFFs' review, so it made it to EE as well.

I couldn't find this fix on my BG2 install with latest Fixpack, but then checking the documentation I realised that was in the Beta Core (that I didn't install). I should have checked before posting.

Anyway, I'm glad that this has been fixed in both BG2 and BG2EE.