Skip to content

Question about the lovetalk variable.

jkwhitedogjkwhitedog Member Posts: 10
I chose Aerie as my romantic companion and right now the lovetalk variable of hers is 29. I heard that only in chapter 2,3 and 6 will lovetalk continue and to succeed with Aerie, her lovetalk variable has to reach 49.

My question is will lovetalk continue in chapter 4 and 5, or do I have to manually change that in EE Keeper?

Comments

• CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Romances are put on hold for a while IIRC, but will resume so long as you don't do anything that would blow it.
  • jkwhitedogjkwhitedog Member Posts: 10
    So you are saying I don't need to do anything and it will resume in chapter 4 and 5?
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    edited November 2013
    It'll pick up where you left off later on; you don't have to do anything.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    You don't need to worry about lovetalk variable as long as the romance is still active, it will resume once u get to Chapter 6. Aside from generally being nice to her (duh...), never remove her from party and don't allow her to get petrified cos she interprets that as u kicking her outta the party (I don't know if they fixed this for BG 2 EE).

Incidentally... did u rush straight to save Imoen or something? Usually players take their time with Chapter 2 and u shud more or less complete Aerie's romance pretty quickly. She will make an... offer, after which there isn't much more romance content, but her status as Charname's girlfriend does affect a few encounters and events in Chapter 5 and 6.
  • jkwhitedogjkwhitedog Member Posts: 10
    Yeah last time I played the old BG2, I think I completed Aerie's Romance by the end of chapter 3 and it was indeed pretty quick.
    But this time in the EE version it seemed the lovetalk stopped at 29, my concern is that if I didn't complete Aerie's romance by chapter 3, would Bodhi take her in chapter 6 ?
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    Pretty sure her being in love with you (AerieRomanceActive=2) is what makes Bodhi vampirize her.
  • Dzuk5Dzuk5 Member Posts: 129
    edited December 2013
    enqenq said:

Pretty sure her being in love with you (AerieRomanceActive=2) is what makes Bodhi vampirize her.

I PLAY WITH HAERDALIS LOVE TALK AERIE GO TO NUMBER 33 AND NOW downgrade to 3 when heardalis threts me? is it bug? Aerieromancactive is on 1 haeardalisromanceactive is 2 is that mean aeire will continu romance with haerdalis? im in 3 chapter

• kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    @dzuk5 I'm pretty sure this only happens if aerie doesn't appreciate the way you handled haerdalis,,, you can console her back to 2 though.