Skip to content

Contingencies and Spell sequences on sleep suggestion - Feature Request

kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
Well, after some time playing the game, i can confirm that spell sequences and contingencies are a really nice resource that almost every mage we battle use. However i rarelly use it unless for serious fights or unless in critical moments (or with criticals conditions to trigger the contingency).

Why is that? For lazyness of my part mostly, for being boring to each time before sleep, do it 2x, one to get the contingencies and spell sequences spells and other to refresh the spells used.

I can be wrong, but i bet most of the ppl that play this game feel the same.

What i'm suggesting here then, is an screen to program which spells a mage will record in contingency (or Chain Contingency) and in his minor spell sequence, spell sequence and spell trigger. It's pretty much like an rest until healed, but with more details. If the contingencies or spell sequences are already filled, they wouldn't be changed of course, otherwise they're memorized.

So, any support or possibility of implement of this idea?

Obs: By the way i would like to know more about the Spell Tattoo, which is used by many powerful mages in the game but unnacessible to the player.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    This sounds amazingly complicated to do :P and what does "ppl" means?
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    "ppl" means people, just my lazy taking advantae from me, see why i want this feature? :)!

Maybe is, maybe not. The fact anyway is that both games (BG:EE and BG2:EE) are done, and this would be an important implement from my view. Do not make it because is difficult seems to be as an shallow argument, but then, it's my view of the circumstances.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Oh, more wrong avvvbvvbrevbbvbiations, I might be a kid, but I dislike abbreviations a lot.

I do not know how to make the game remember something large, it will include a giant amount of variables, lists and even a new IDS, which is a lot, and much times I use Sequencers/Chain Contingencies especially designed for that enemy/battle, so I really do not need this feature (well, an automatic Stoneskin before going to sleep is tempting...), but I know it will help.
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    I believe that in the next version of the Spell Revisions mod, they are considering making sequencers/contingencies into special abilities that all mages get. And you would be able to set up which spells you want them to trigger and they would automatically refresh upon resting.
    CrevsDaakkamuizin