Skip to content

Several quests not triggering (suspected bugs)!

Hi!

So... it seems that several quests of mine are not triggering further, and I'm wondering if they're stuck forever.

1) I did the quest to recruit Hexxat (the tomb one), then I insisted on her joining me straight away instead of waiting. She said "sure, I guess that person can wait a couple of hours" and joined me. And then nothing happened. Ever. I've read people saying that you just need to leave town and come back for a NPC to approach you, but that hasn't worked the last ten times I tried it. Am I missing something, or is it bugged?

2) I recruited Dorn as well (and did the wedding quest), but his further personal quest never started, either, apparently. Not wanting to spoil it, I'm not sure what it is about, but I've read that there is one. Do I need to do something to trigger it, or is it bugged?

3) Dorn's romance dialogue line kinda stopped abruptly after last time. We had an argument, we "fought" and he went back to normal. I KNOW that there was a bug here, because instead of fighting me, he just stood there with a red ring around his feet. What I'm wondering is: did that bug prevent the romance quest from continuing further, or do I just need to wait more time?

4) The De'Arnise Keep is stuck. Ok, this one is not a bug. This time around I know exactly what I did wrong. I messed up. Nalia died and I realized I needed her only after I cleared the keep. Now, I wanted to be a different class, but I chose barbarian (back in BG:EE) ONLY to do this little keep quest. So, when I found out that I couldn't have it even though I finished the quest, I went and used the CluaConsole (MoveToArea) just to "teleport" to the first stage of the Keep, after it's cleared from monsters. I met the butler and a couple more servants. Sadly, though, it's not going forward with its side-quests, it's just stuck at the "welcome home" stage. Yes, I'm willing to cheat to get it back on track.

For all of these, I'd like to know if they're bugged or not, if there is a quick way to find out (there was a "speed up time" console cheat, IIRC), and/or if there is a 0/1 "switch" I could just turn on, in case the quests didn't trigger for some reason.

Thank you for your attention.

Comments

• Dzuk5Dzuk5 Member Posts: 129
    edited December 2013

Hi!

So... it seems that several quests of mine are not triggering further, and I'm wondering if they're stuck forever.

For all of these, I'd like to know if they're bugged or not, if there is a quick way to find out (there was a "speed up time" console cheat, IIRC), and/or if there is a 0/1 "switch" I could just turn on, in case the quests didn't trigger for some reason.

Thank you for your attention.

1) I did the quest to recruit Hexxat (the tomb one), then I insisted on her joining me straight away instead of waiting. She said "sure, I guess that person can wait a couple of hours" and joined me. And then nothing happened. Ever. I've read people saying that you just need to leave town and come back for a NPC to approach you, but that hasn't worked the last ten times I tried it. Am I missing something, or is it bugged?

For me it works when at night i go to weeken promenade then hexxat friend showd u and tel you where you moust go. if hexxat thont speak to you on cementary just you start dialog with her

2) I recruited Dorn as well (and did the wedding quest), but his further personal quest never started, either, apparently. Not wanting to spoil it, I'm not sure what it is about, but I've read that there is one. Do I need to do something to trigger it, or is it bugged?

his later quest will triger when past about 7 days in the game and dorn has 1,2 or 1,5 XP.

3) Dorn's romance dialogue line kinda stopped abruptly after last time. We had an argument, we "fought" and he went back to normal. I KNOW that there was a bug here, because instead of fighting me, he just stood there with a red ring around his feet. What I'm wondering is: did that bug prevent the romance quest from continuing further, or do I just need to wait more time?

i have no idea:( never get to romance

4) The De'Arnise Keep is stuck. Ok, this one is not a bug. This time around I know exactly what I did wrong. I messed up. Nalia died and I realized I needed her only after I cleared the keep. Now, I wanted to be a different class, but I chose barbarian (back in BG:EE) ONLY to do this little keep quest. So, when I found out that I couldn't have it even though I finished the quest, I went and used the CluaConsole (MoveToArea) just to "teleport" to the first stage of the Keep, after it's cleared from monsters. I met the butler and a couple more servants. Sadly, though, it's not going forward with its side-quests, it's just stuck at the "welcome home" stage. Yes, I'm willing to cheat to get it back on track.

heve you triade to summon nalia with consul? for exampol
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("nalia10") 10 is lvl of nalia
    Raistlin82
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    Thank you, I'll try those advices tonight. :D

Thank you, I'll try those advices tonight. :D

2) i have in mind that dorn should have about 1,2 mln or 1,5 mln XP ;)
    1)with hexxat befor the npc approuch she shuold spek with you and inform that she make the contact with her bosess and then npc after short time should apper. this text triger in my game in 2 places copper coronet and umar hills after we go sleep outside. i like lokation of umar hills i don't no why but there npc always have somthing to say when you rest there. for example anomen had ther 3-5 conversation which don't want to triger els were maybe it's bug i don't now.

Raistlin82
    edited December 2013
    1) I don't recall her talking about that other than when I recruited her, but I might be wrong. She doesn't appear to be talking anytime soon, sadly.
    Again, wasn't there a "speed up time" cheat to test these things? Anyone?
    EDIT: And no one is talking to us in Waukeen's Promenade at night, either. :/

2) Ok, thanks. My Dorn is at 1,1 and something. I guess he'll start soon. :)

3) Still no solution. Maybe he just needs time?

4) If I spawn a "newborn" Nalia, she'll talk to me like it's the first time we meet. She asks me to meet her at the De'Arnise Keep. I go there, and I'm stuck in the "after quest castle", and Nalia isn't in sight. I use MoveToArea to go to the "destroyed castle", and Nalia isn't there, either. :'(
    Post edited by Raistlin82 on
    edited December 2013
    ctrl+T is speed up cheat. sorry i don't have more ideais:(
    ypu also can install eekeeper and mess with global variabouls stat. i do that when my aerie don't whant talk to me i set her talking stat to 1. but ask someon els how to do that in right way i just lerning to us eekeeper.
    meby eekeeer can olso help with nalia quest i don't now sorry:(
    Raistlin82
    I'll try EE Keeper. Thank you. :)
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Hexxat you might need to try the graveyard, or you can probably set cabrina's variable to the right one the do cabrinaappears.

Dorn no idea didn't recruit.

Nalia you might need to set a whole bunch of variables to show you haven't done her quest then go back with her alive and force joined and torgal re spawned.
    Raistlin82
    edited December 2013
    *snip*

edited December 2013
    UPDATE

1) Hexxat's contact should definitely have appeared by now. I'd fix it with EEKeeper, but I'm not sure which variables I should Add, Delete or Edit (and to what value).
    EDIT: I've noticed that OHH_CABRINA is set at 2 and OHH_CABRINATIMER is set at 1451302.
    What does that mean, though? Beats me.
    I've noticed moderators giving specific instructions about these kind of things, on other threads.
    HELP NEEDED.

2) Dorn is probably too low level at the moment for his personal quest to start.
    NOT AN ISSUE.

3) I've read that Dorn's romance talk can continue only after his personal quest is done.
    NOT AN ISSUE.

4) I've Deleted the ARRIVEDNALIAKEEP global variable and any other starting with NALIA..., plus I spawned a lvl 10 Nalia and I used MoveToArea to get to the "early stages" Keep.
    EDIT: I spoke to Nalia at the Keep and she gave it to me (the Keep). Then we were teleported inside it and met the new servants.
    But Nalia was there, on the floor. Dead. O.o
    I don't know if that affects the rest of my quest, but I'd rather she wasn't, just to be sure.
    EDIT: I Deleted the SPRITE_IS_DEADNALIA variable, and... well... she's still dead. :/
    STATUS UNKNOWN.
    edited December 2013
    1) Hexxat's contact should definitely have appeared by now. I'd fix it with EEKeeper, but I'm not sure which variables I should Add, Delete or Edit (and to what value).
    EDIT: I've noticed that OHH_CABRINA is set at 2 and OHH_CABRINATIMER is set at 1451302.
    What does that mean, though? Beats me.
    I've noticed moderators giving specific instructions about these kind of things, on other threads.
    HELP NEEDED.

About ee keeper mechanics a littel
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/27924/romance-variable-settings#latest
    i would set moust of stat to 1

4) I've Deleted the ARRIVEDNALIAKEEP global variable and any other starting with NALIA..., plus I spawned a lvl 10 Nalia and I used MoveToArea to get to the "early stages" Keep.
    EDIT: I spoke to Nalia at the Keep and she gave it to me (the Keep). Then we were teleported inside it and met the new servants.
    But Nalia was there, on the floor. Dead. O.o
    I don't know if that affects the rest of my quest, but I'd rather she wasn't, just to be sure.
    EDIT: I Deleted the SPRITE_IS_DEADNALIA variable, and... well... she's still dead. :/

honestly if it already did not work just in the next game you do it properly and now don't waist your time. This stronghall is most annoying and boring in my opinion besides bring more losses than gains(get 500 gold every 7 days but to finish stronghold quest you must give about 10000 gold).
    add your characters XP by console about 60000 each (36-40 for nalia quest each NPC and 15500*6 +50000 for Stronghold quest)
    http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate2/cheats.html
    I don't want the XP (I already got it from Nalia, and that's more than enough).
    I just want to relive this Keep side-quest, like I did when I played this game for the first time, years ago.
    This is the whole point of the EE, after all.

And I don't want to do the Keep on my next playthrough.
    This is my Evil run. My Neutral and Good runs are currently going through BGEE, and the protagonists there are a Cleric and a Mage, respectively. I don't want to change them, and it would be too late, anyway.
    This is my one chance.
  • trekkerdudetrekkerdude Member Posts: 2
    I'm having a problem of having none of my "across the sea" locations activate after I receive quests for them. For example, after meeting and having Nalia join the group, we'll set out for the De'Arnise Keep, and while the location now SHOWS on the map, it is not ACTIVATED, and thus inaccessible to the party. After a while Nalia gets pissed off and leaves, and we're STILL not able to get over there. I did complete that quest before, but this is another run thru. Any help?
  • trekkerdudetrekkerdude Member Posts: 2
    "Rookie error". My post at 11:06 pm on this date didn't mention the game involved. Tho you might know anyway, Baldur's Gate II is where the non-activated quests locations are manifesting.