Skip to content

Black Pits 2 NPC Portrait Question

IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
How can I change Black Pits 2 NPC portraits e.g. portrait for Dulf Ebonbeard? Probably not the right approach, but I tried looking up BP2 characters in EEKeeper and I couldn't find them; only BP1 characters are there. I'm also ignorant of DLTCEP and I could only partially make it work - same result, I couldn't find the BP2 characters or the proper files to tinker.

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Update to EEKeeper 1.0.2: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16497/ee-keeper-updated-to-v1-0-2

Then go to Settings -> Installation Directory and fill out the box for BGII:EE. Close that and click the blue "BG2:EE" in the toolbar. The creature browser will now have TBP2 creatures in it.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Thanks @Jalily, but I already did that before; tried switching back and forth the said toggle. It's either BP2 cre files have a very strange naming convention or it just won't show up for me.
    edited December 2013
    Are you sure the BG2EE button is chosen (faded)? The bolder option is inactive, and if you see TBP1 creatures, the program is looking at BG:EE. TBP2 creatures like Dulf do show up for me.
    edited December 2013
    Yup, I noticed the greying out icon and I'm 100% certain it is on BG2. I could even load up BG2 saves. Tried switching it to BG1 just to be safe, still the same. Hmm the odd thing is nothing on BG2 resources aside from the saves load up. I searched for Irenicus and yeah can't be found, the resources are from BG1 no matter what I do. Tried removing the BG1 installation directory from the settings and when I access the creature browser, BG1 is still the one being used for BG2.

I installed EEKeeper just yesterday, so it has to be the latest version. I'll check again.

EDIT: okay. I feel silly right now, I got the 2 directories mixed up which is the cause of the problem. Sorry about that. Anyway, do you think I'm doing the right approach here? I mean using EEKeeper to change portraits i.e. editing cre files instead of placing override portraits? There won't be a problem with AI scripts or whatever?
    Post edited by Illustair on
    Editing CRE files is fine provided you aren't planning to use any mods that also change those CRE files. (For mod compatibility, you would have to use WeiDU.) Simply placing portraits in override won't work most of the time because most CREs have no portrait filename assigned.
    Thanks, it's working perfectly now. So much better immersion!