Skip to content

VIP Shops in BG2 EE

so i know about the ribals adventuring mart and the lady with new items in the back, the copper coronet's guy with elite items near the entrance, recently discovered cromwell, the 3 dark elves in the dark elf city, and I think that is it. Everyone else ive met so far sells crap.

I just started chapter 7 but havent found where I can spend my money, is there something Ive missed in SOA?

Comments

• belascobelasco Member Posts: 18
    edited December 2013
    Trademeet and the Red Wizard enclave in the promenade, also the bartender in the cc sells more items once you do the slaver quests.
    Oh, and the guy on top of Watcher's Keep.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Ribald at the Adventurer's mart restocks with a few new high-end items once you leave the Underdark too.

As @Belasco says, there are also a few nifty items from merchants in Trademeet including an archmage robe, a decent club, a useful shortbow and a couple of miscellanous things.

Some of the temples scattered throught the game also sell useful items like belts and boots, but the specifics escape me.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Trademeet merchant has a good short bow and one of the best belts, Gul dukeem has a few useful things, magic scrolls there's a few vendors that only show up at night etc.

If you bought everything off ribald, diedre and joluv, you have enough to finish the game though...
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    Incidentally, I've played the game many times and I've NEVER had a party that would've had ANY use for ANY of the new items Ribald sells after I return from the Underdark. I've always found this a bit strange.
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    edited December 2013
    Well, he DOES sell a lot of 9th level spells which you will not be able to get for a while. And even with 18 charisma and maxed reputation each of those costs 10500 gp, so buying a few will hurt your purse if you didn't save some money.

Examples - Chain Contingency, Time Stop (if you missed it in Underdark), Shapechange, Spellstrike, Spell Trap.

Might get some of them as a random drop but he is the only 100% option in SoA if I'm not wrong. Next stop is Saradush.
    @Lathlaer: I never use Chain Contingency, Time Stop, Shapechange or Spell Trap. Spellstrike I agree is very useful, but apparently I've already had it at the time.
    Huh. Shapechange and Spell Trap I can understand since you have a powered version of the first from the Staff of the Magi and the second is very preference-dependant but Time Stop and Chain Contingency? You might be a unicorn amongst the spellcasters :D
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    There are also some smaller stores that are incredibly valuable. For example, in SoA you get one PfMW scroll during the Umar Hills quest but the others are from easily overlooked stores (the fence who only appears during certain hours outside Neb's house and a merchant in a tent in Trademeet).
    @Lathlaer: I've had a mage as CHARNAME a few times, and I generally take at least two arcane spellcasters with me (this time I've got Neera and Aerie), but yes, I never ever use Time Stop or Chain Contingency. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever cast either spell.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    You can buy/steal glasses of identification (one of the most useful magic items IMHO) in the store in the upper level of Gaelan Bayle's home.
    You can buy/steal nymph cloak in the shop in Mae'Var 's Guildhall
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680

@Lathlaer: I've had a mage as CHARNAME a few times, and I generally take at least two arcane spellcasters with me (this time I've got Neera and Aerie), but yes, I never ever use Time Stop or Chain Contingency. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever cast either spell.

I rarely use either spell myself. I find Time Stop to be fairly underwhelming in a party of 6. Mainly because my mages are already standing at the back free casting on my opponents. So stopping time has a much lesser impact.

Chain Contingency I find to be too cheesy. It should have a very long cast time (like several rounds), and so not be a cheap way to almost instantly cast 3 high level spells. But that's just my personal opinion - in terms of pure power it's definitely a very effective spell.

Well I don't use CC as advised by many (trigger: see enemy, cast 3x Horrid Wilting). I use it either as a protection (like mages/liches) or punishment (trigger: hp drops to 20%, target: last hit by, 2x Horrid Wilting and Power Word: Stun/Blind).
  • biohazardbiohazard Member Posts: 7
    Lathlaer said:

Examples - Chain Contingency, Time Stop (if you missed it in Underdark), Shapechange, Spellstrike, Spell Trap.

Might get some of them as a random drop but he is the only 100% option in SoA if I'm not wrong. Next stop is Saradush.

I think you can get a lot of those level 9 scrolls by looting houses when you get to Suldanessellar.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Time stop + fighter Mage is pretty boss though... 30 hits can kill about anything...