Skip to content

Edwin aren't you supposed to be...

.. smart?

I took Edwin along with me to Spellhold because I was told that he has a hilarious 'incident' with the Nether Scroll. I knew full well that he didn't really fit in with my party, but I didn't actually expect him to come to blows with Minsc.

It's his timing that I find sort of hilarious. We'd just come out of Ust Natha and gotten ambushed by some random guys, one of whom decided it would be cool to backstab Edwin. Wouldn't be a problem apart from me apparently forgetting to stoneskin Edwin. Anyway, while I'm picking through the loot Edwin apparently decides it's time to antagonize Minsc some more and they have a sword-meet-evil moment. While Edwin has no buffs up and approximately 5hp. And he's standing within arms reach of Minsc. Minsc takes one swing with Lilarcor (did I spell that right?) and crits, sending Edwin-pieces all over the place.

So Edwin spent all this time calling us simians and telling us how smart he was.. then went and picked the dumbest possible time to call Minsc out? Good job Edwin!

... I'm guessing I'm not going to find another mage down here right?

Comments

• lelag200lelag200 Member Posts: 125
    Hahaha, that was a good laugh. It would be nice if intelligence of characters was played out in their auto-AI (or even script AI as in this case). Maybe he just committed something called Minsc-suicide. :)
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Yea....Edwin would be much better off, not mocking those simians he travels with...
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    Facts of Life #662: anyone making noise about their smartness isn't. QED.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Well it's asking for trouble having him with Minsc... If you played bg1...
  • AnotherLifeAnotherLife Member Posts: 115
    Hhohooho I thought it was gonna say "supposed to be ... dead?". You got me good.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    edited December 2013
    Scuffles said:

... I'm guessing I'm not going to find another mage down here right?

Yes in fact. It was actually good timing to have Edwin die on you then, it leaves room for Imoen to join your party again. You should be running into her shortly IIRC.

• ScufflesScuffles Member Posts: 15
    Belanos said:

Yes in fact. It was actually good timing to have Edwin die on you then, it leaves room for Imoen to join your party again. You should be running into her shortly IIRC.

I'm already in the Underdark, so I already have Immy back. All good, I can dig my way out without Edwin anyway.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Remember, all the intelligence score means is your ability to copy spells into a book, and your resistance to illithid attacks.