Skip to content

Another evil party topic

Hi!
I want to play with an Evil Party. Reading the description of the NPCs, I have thought to get the following party:
Dorn
Kagain
Edwin
Baeloth
Viconia
Safana

The problem is: There is no free spot for my PC!
So, I will have to remove one of those NPCs. The problem is, which one?
As I micromanage all the characters, and most of these NPCs can be found early on the game (Baeloth being the only exception, I think), I really have no strong preferences on the PC class (even though I normally prefer exotic kits and combinations). The only restriction is that I don't like dual classing, neither for the PC or any of the NPCs (multiclassing though is OK).
So, thinking more on how fun and unique each of these NPCs is, which would be a better choice to be dropped off and substituted for the PC?

Thanks!

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited December 2013
    No Eldoth or Shar-Teel? (Not helping, I know).
    KidCarnivalEudaemonium
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I'd remove Safana and make a fighter/thief character

Also I find Kagain rather boring after awhile, so maybe make another front-line fighter as your character and drop him?
    CrevsDaakmjs
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I would add Neera and take Baeloth out, then I'd take Kagain and I'll create a Fighter/Thief PC.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    If alignment is important to you, Safana would have to go, as she is the only neutral in an all evil party. That would make your charname a thief one way or another. Maybe a Fighter/Thief multi to focus on ranged weapons - Dorn and Kagain will cover the frontline, Viconia makes a good backup frontliner and buffer, but would otherwise be the only somewhat effective ranged NPC. A halfling fighter/thief would be my suggestion.
    booinyoureyesMontresor_SPEudaemoniumCrevsDaak
  • leomatheusleomatheus Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for the suggestions!

@CrevsDaak I am playing on the iPad, and haven't bought Neera's DLC, I think I will stick to Baeloth.

@KidCarnival Safana being neutral I don't think is a thing, at least what I read in the forums is that she goes well in an evil party

For the comments till now, it would be Safana or Kagain.
    I was keeping Safana because from what I have read she has funny banters with other male NPCs. But I don't know if this includes the NPCs I have chosen, or if the banters happen only with some of the other NPCs.
    And Kagain, well... Here the choice was more about how good tanker he is than about being funny, but probably I can create a PC that's just as good a tanker.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    edited December 2013
    If you've played with Kagain or Safana (or Edwin or Viconia) before, keep the other one(s) and replace the one you know already with a suitable protagonist.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Safana's extra banter is with Coran. Kagain has a little bit extra banter with Dorn, but that's it in this group.

Another thing to consider - weapon profs. Safana and Baeloth both have Darts as ranged weapon. I usually don't like having 2 NPCs sharing a prof, especially if it involves carrying lots of ammo in the backpack. Baeloth has no default banters (insult/compliment/reaction), so if banters are the more important thing, you may want to skip him, keep both Kagain and Safana and play either a sorcerer or other arcane caster (bard, mage/something multi) instead.
    jackjack
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Hey, even more iPad players!
    Well, just create a Thief PC and remove Safana, she has some banters, but BG1's banters don't trigger all the time, and there are only a few.
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    Safana is definitely the odd woman out. Consider dualling Shar-Teel to Thief as another Evil Thief option, or make CHARNAME a Thief.

If you really want a thief, I would probably drop Kagain for Shar-Teel (and keep Baeloth or Edwin out temporarily), then drop Safana after Shar-Teel has dualled to Thief.
  • kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    edited December 2013
    A fighter/thief is your best bet for the PC. I'm running one myself at the moment and it's great. You may have to focus on traps and locks early though or plan on taking *lots* of potions to Durlag's Tower.

And yes, Safana is the one you want to get rid of. I'm almost shocked that Baeloth was suggested. He has the best voice by far and he's very, very good :)