Skip to content

frozen image only updates with alt+enter (nvidia and intel graphics)

Hi

My problem is that when I start the game, I only see a frozen image which only updates whenever I toggle between full screen and windowed mode with alt+enter. I can hear the sound playing and I can click menu buttons and hear them work but I can only see the updated effect by keep pressing alt+enter.

I have a laptop with full-hd 1920x1080 display.
My Graphics card is Nvidia Geforce GT 640M and I also have an integrated card: Intel HD Graphics 4000.
My OS is Windows 8.1

I tried different solutions from different topics but none of them worked. I also tried playing with my DPI and my Compatibility settings in Preferences menu of Baldur.exe - I also tried playing with my Intel Graphic settings and my Nvidia Control Panel settings

Please help me out.

Comments

• EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    There are some problems with Intel integrated graphics cards. I'd suggest that you make sure that the game is running only using the NVidia graphics and not the Intel or some sort of shared mode. Unfortunately I can't tell you specifically how to do that because I'm not familiar with your hardware or operating system.
  • marrowjmarrowj Member Posts: 28
    hi, i have almost the same problem as you, but my entire screen is black, i can however still click the ui as you and when i click the rest button i get the campfire screen as normal, i have not had any problem like this with bgee or bg2ee before they have both worked just fine up until today