Skip to content

HIPS for the Assassin Kit?

RandonRandon Member Posts: 8
Hail fellow gamers. The title of this post may be misleading, as if I'm asking for some kind of mod that would grant the Assassin HIPS at level 8 or some such, like in NWN; but that is not the case. I am using EEKeeper to give the "affect" of HIPS, copied and pasted from a SD, to my assassin. The resource values differ, I've tried copying and pasting what is in the assassin "affects" into the "stealth skill" (hips) and changing parameters to no avail.

Basically, my question is... how the hell do I give my assassin HIPS?

Comments

• RandonRandon Member Posts: 8
    However, after thinking about it a moment, if someone knows of a mod that does exactly what I described above, I would love a link to it.
  • MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    edited December 2013
    A good way for any male character to get hips is to equip the Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity.

(I'm sorry)

EDIT: I wonder if this is a hardcoded feature of the Shadowdancer, but I'm not sure.
    CrevsDaak
    Lol @ Mitchfork.. sadly these are not the hips I'm looking for. Someone out there has to know, I can't be the only person who's thought of this. I blame the low views of the thread. Come on people, help me out!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    You'll have better luck adding the Assassin's abilities to the Shadowdancer.
    CrevsDaak
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Aye, Shadowstep can be added to anyone, but HIPS appears to be hardcoded.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I thought some one was creating a custom party with hipster and hippies Assassins, anyway that'd would be funny.
    I think it will be VERY over powered (look, a power gamer! Oh, shut up!) to add HIPS to an assassin, mainly because of backstab and x7 multiplier, but then, meh.
    As @Dee says, create a Shadowdancer in the game, open the save with EEKeeper and change the following:
    Add a -1 to all the saving throws.
    Remove any other daily abilities and add the Assassins' ones.
    Remove points from his thieving skills, -10 to HIS and to MS, -5 each lvl up and -5 at char creation.
    Increase the backstab multiplier.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Yeah, HIPS is already very powerful for the class that has it, essentially the effect you get out of using invis potions all the time.
    How do I go about changing the backstab multiplier? Simply copying and pasting the affect from the assassin doesn't work. I've tried adjusting the resource value and still nothing. I don't think the +1 to hit or THAC0 is working either, but that isn't to much of an issue, I can always just drop the THAC0 by 1 and forget about the +1 to hit and damage. The rest is easy enough to do, I just can't figure out the damned backstab mutiplier.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Uh, methinks you should use NearInfinity, it is easier for me to edit i that software.
    Still can't find the backstab multiplier..
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    So...I googled "assassin hips"...was not disappointed
    CrevsDaakIllustair
  • abomination5abomination5 Member Posts: 3
    To adjust the backstab multiplier I believe you need to edit backstab.2da. However, I notice that in this file that the assassin backstab only goes up to 5x, when the maximum is 7x. The backstab progression for this class may be split between effects in the clabxx file and backstab.2da.
    Much obliged my good man. I'll give it a try and see what I can do.
    Can't find the damn file...