Skip to content

Can't get Baldurs Gate 2 to run, Help!

So before you ask, yes, my hardware dose suck but I'm pretty sure I can run this game, as I consider it to be one of the greatest RPGs of all time. As soon as the game boots up and I have the option to click on New Game, the next screen I am taken to, I get a bunch of weird green and white flashes and some really large text that isn't legible and then I am forced to CTRL ALT DEL the game or it just shuts down on it own. Any advice? This is what I'm running . Gateway AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000 + 3 ghz. 2942 MB of ram, Windows Vista 32 bit, and NVidia Geforce 6150 SE nForce 430. (yes I know, it sucks). All drivers have been updated too.

Comments

• shadedenmityshadedenmity Member Posts: 11
    Hey guys, I think I have finally figured out the whole lag thing. I am running Gateway AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000 + 3 ghz. 2942 MB of ram, Windows Vista 32 bit, and NVidia Geforce 6150 SE nForce 430. I have had the worst time with the game lagging and I have tried EVERYTHING except something VERY basic.

Go to your resolution settings for your monitor and change it to 800x600. Yes, the graphics aren't the best but now the game works great. So, if running Windows VISTA, right click on desktop, choose personalize, click on display settings, slide the resolution all the way to the left. Last but not least, right click on your BG2.exe file and click on compatibility and then choose to run in windows 98/me mode. Now i am playing the game with zero lag. Hope this is some help. I will spread this around to the other posts