Skip to content

BG2 -- Mods

karnagekarnage Member Posts: 92
Since this site seems to deal almost exclusively with EE, I'm posting my question here.

For BG2, I'm considering implementing the following mods (though maybe not all at once):

* Unfinished Business (Various from "PocketPlane.net"
* Solafein (Weimer)
* Valen (Weimer)
* Joluv & Diedre (Bonus Merchants)
* Item Upgrqade (Weimer)
* Xan (Weimer)
* Assassinations (PocketPlane.net, but I think this is also Weimer)

I'm asking for feedback from others who may have experience with these mods; Are they good? Are there any compatibility issues of which you are aware?

Comments

• FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    edited December 2013
    I only have experienced with the Solafein mod and though she looks cute, there's a 99% chance that she's gonna annoy the hell out of you.

The mod takes over your game and twists it into a japanese commercial..

BUT!! I still suggest you try it if you know BG2 enough, it's a kind of a sick fun to play it through..

Edit: Thanks @karnage and @doshidania for correcting me, I was indeed mistakenly talking about Saerieieieleth :)
    Post edited by Fredjo on
  • karnagekarnage Member Posts: 92
    I thought the Solafein mod was a guy; the one we meet in Ust Natha who helps out with the dragon egg quest?
  • doshidaniadoshidania Member Posts: 46
    solafein is a guy, fredjo i think is refuring to this 15 chosen of tyr character whose name starts with an S.
    You should check this list:http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23726/bgii-ee-compatible-mod-list/p1 it shows which mods are usable atm and in what installation order they need to be in.
  • karnagekarnage Member Posts: 92
    Excellent! Thank you!

I don't think I'm going to do the "Valen" mod, though. I'm on old D&Der from the 2.0 era; Vampires are things you fight, not play, LoL.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    I can recommend most of those mods, but would advise against the Item Upgrade mod.
    The list of items is ridiculously long, the items are mostly superfluous and it doesn't really add anything other than making the end of Shadows of Amn even easier than it already is.

I liked the Xan mod a lot, and Soloufein isn't bad but just wasn't my cup of tea. The mod makes him a poetic romantic and not the bitter asshole he was in the original game, which I preferred.